Notices

I think I can drink normally...

Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow, I think like that alot. I am new here and 3 months sober, roughly. I never makred a date.

I almost think I really can drink normally too. I had gotten depressed and was sort of self-medicating, and I feel so much healthier now, and have lost 40 pounds, and feel so in control of it all many days.

However, I have pickeld my liver, so I really have no choice but to abstain. If its the price I pay for life, I will gladly pay it. I try to use that to keep me focused. I do really wish I could enjoy a glass or two of wine.

I never wanted to drink myself drunk, but just wanted to maintain that gentle, warm buzz. However, that is so brief, after the second glass, and then its more like chasing that feeling. I would not typically drink until I passed out, but until I was very tired. In fact, funny, I often stayed up very late whe I drank. I basically made bad choices(staying up stupid late, so I never got enough sleep, so also woke slightly hungover and always tired).

Just want the warm glow... Just every evening, maybe even just friday and saturday. Oh, and on Thursdays, because its a good TV night.

I also liked/enjoyed wine tasting events, and that is a social thing I do 1-3 times a year that I will now need ot miss/skip.

So, i do wish I could drink like a normal person... But it always would go to more and more to get to that warm feeling. Like someone who said the 8 glasses of wine. Mine was usually more like 5 most nights, 8 on weekends...

Sigh...

rochele
Old 12-07-2010, 12:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

normal.....every single time I pick back up I tell myself, just 2 like a normal person. It never works.... good post!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If I could drink normal I wouldn't be typing about drinking on a site meant for people who can't drink normal. Just saying. Some can, I can't, period.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Trying.

Very well put! I always told myself the same thing.