Notices

wasted my life

Old 12-07-2010, 02:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just had my first meeting! it was amazing! some nice people which really put in a positive frame of mind. I don't know what I was so worried about, not one werewolf, vampire or zombie in the room although the lawyer was built like an ogre.... Well just thought I'd give you all an update I am going to bed happy tonight. I love you guys are well and good. peace and love

Old 12-07-2010, 03:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats on being sober today, because that's all that matters today! Also, I'm so glad you enjoyed your first meeting and I hope it made you realize you aren't alone!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

That's good to hear Need. You just got your first taste of what happens when you DO things that others in recovery do......even though you didn't really WANT to.

The same will hold true when you start working the steps....there might be an inclination to try the old "I just go to meetings and don't drink" routine. That works for some ppl......but they're missing out on the majority of the real AA program. Don't fall into that group....I've been there (as have most of us in AA at one time or another) and it's not good.

Congrats though...congrats on a great start.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

Well I'm glad you enjoyed the meeting. We AAers aren't bad people, we're very welcoming and understanding of the newcomer. After all we want you to keep coming back to continue on this wonderful journey we have found. If you plan on staying you obviously know you'll need to find a sponsor. As advice when looking for a sponsor, just look for someone who possesses qualities you would like for yourself. It's a wonderful path AA is, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. High fives on your first meeting.