Notices

The last couple of days

Old 12-05-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The last couple of days

have been pretty brutal, but im feeling normal today. thank god!

thursday was my first day back at work after taking a volentary leave for 3 months. and i work 12 hours shifts. anyways,
wensday night i could NOT sleep at all and my anxiety was off the charts, had to go to my parents house because i couldnt be alone, at around 330am i finally fell asleep but had to be up at 5am.

needlesss to say because i hadnt slept and wasnt feeling so great, all day i was going in and out of anxiety attacks and a bit shakey. that night i went home and had to go over to my parents house again, this time having a MAJOR panic attack, as soon as i got to their house i just started BAWLING my eyes out because i felt like i was loosing my mind. think i cried for about two hours lol i know this was because i was going through some withdrawl but i couldnt stop it.

that night finally got a bit of sleep so yesterday was alot better but still feeling out of it....but woke up today feeling...normal!

im feeling positive and happy again. and believe it or not, im going ice skating today with my sister and my nephew, something i normally wouldnt be doing because i would be hungover lol

looking forward to things to come again. and am going to try out acupuncture for my anxiety since the medication im on isnt really doing the trick. mind you i guess ive never really let it take effect, ive been on anti depressants for about 4 years but have been drinking the whole time too.

anyways, just wanted to post what ive been going through, and do not want to do it again. this is the 3rd time ive put myself through this and im done!

:horse
Old 12-05-2010, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad that you got through those tough days and that you're doing better.

I think what helped the most with my anxiety was learning that I am NOT my feelings or my emotions. They do not control me. I can feel them and let them go.

Also, I have found that meditating is really helpful for anxiety. If you can calm your mind when it starts to whirl, it's great. And, exercise helps a lot too, so does music.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

lol its funny, i KNOW it anxiety and im not really dying or having a heart a attack or anything but no matter how many times i tell myself that its just anxiety i cant stop it sometimes, im usually pretty good with it, unless im drinking alot, or havent drinken for a couple days,

as for meditaion, at night i listen to one of those hypnothearapy tapes. is that the same thing as meditating?