Notices

First time ever on any forum, but I need to talk...

Old 12-03-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

First time ever on any forum, but I need to talk...

Hey everyone. I am 33 years old, a male and have been abusing opiates for a year and a half. Started with vicodin, then percocet and recently oxy. I was up to about 2 or so 80 mg oxys a day or about 12-15 percocet (whichever I had). Anyways, enough is enough! I went to a suboxone doctor after about 10 months of addiction, but after spending $3000 of my own money (didnt accept my insurance) I got one script and left. Well, i went back on, even though I was amazed with the suboxone results and I strongly think i was over the habbit and wouldnt even had to have taken suboxone again. BUT i decided to start again and now i have about 7 suboxone left and i want to use them JUST to get through the initial withdrawal period like many rehab facilities do and then be CLEAN...yes CLEAN!

This may sound NUTS, but when i started doing these with my friend (who is highly addicted to EVERYTHING he touches) I almost WANTED to get addicted to them, just to see what it felt like as i have NEVER been addicted to anything in my life. I dont smoke, dont drink barely at all and dont do other drugs. My friend even thought it was impossible for me to get addicted to anything....well I have found out thats not true!

I am on day FOUR of suboxone and i only took a quarter of an 8mg pill today, and tomorrow the same and then i dont plan on taking any more. I have heard this is very effective. Is that true? I want ANY and ALL advice i can. As i have a very stressful, demanding career and i make great money and I am on the fast track to success here so i DONT want to neglect my job at all. Also, only my ONE friend, who is quitting with me right now, knows i do this and i dont want to tell anyone else. I have started back at the gym two days ago and i feel great! I play a LOT of sports and i am VERY active....

thank goodness i found this forum and i want to talk.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dont have any advice. I just wanted to say good luck.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by thejuiceman View Post
I want ANY and ALL advice i can. As i have a very stressful, demanding career and i make great money and I am on the fast track to success here so i DONT want to neglect my job at all.
Sounds like you're an addict. I don't know if you've lost the power to choose if and when you use again or not but your experience will answer that question.

IF you can control it.......quit using. period. Since you can control it, then control it.

If you CAN'T control it, you may want to consider one of the many treatment/recovery programs for narcotics addicts. If you can't control it, then you're going to need to find a way to get it under control. Perhaps you'll be able to get things wrapped up nice and clean with some good therapy and/or a support group.

If you try that and it still doesn't work..... (ie, you're still using) then run, don't walk, to NA (or AA if you've got troubles with alcohol too). You can't control it and human-power didn't control it......you're going to need something bigger (more powerful) than human-power. NA / AA were designed to show you what to do to find your very own, personal, "higher power" - a power that can and will do for you what you can't do for yourself.

pretty simple, eh?
Old 12-03-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Haha, thanks guys! I am not going to EVER do another opiate in my life. Its truly that simple. I am going to get done with these suboxone very soon and then fight the good fight. I am here for help and to chat. I think this website forum and bodybuilding website forum will be where I get through this. I know who I once was, and I miss it. Its only been a year and a half since I started these, so HOPEFULLY it wont be as hard as some people who are on these things for many years.

Help me guys! and girls! lol
Old 12-03-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

It sounds like you're very confident you can do this!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

good luck!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Wow, didnt realize HOW BIG that pic would get. Sorry about the EXTREME CLOSE UPPP! hahahaha
Old 12-03-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

Just left the gym for the FORTH day in a row. Left work early because I deserve it. I have really done awesome this year with my territory and grown it. I got 3 weeks vacation and only used 4 days! Man, it doesnt carry over either

Anyways, the gym makes me feel great!

thanks,
Old 12-03-2010, 12:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Juiceman

I don't know anything about subs I'm afraid, and we can't give you medical advice anyway under our rules here, but I wish you the best.

D
Old 12-03-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

I dont need med advice, just want ANY and all motivational advice and want to hear other peoples accounts.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

You should also check out our substance abuse forum and our suboxone and methadone maintenance forums too

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 12-03-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please do check out those links Dee gave you for substance abuse and suboxone. I wish you the best in your recovery.