Notices

Class of Decmber 2010

Old 12-02-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me almost over. Sheesh, its not easy and never plan to fail! Ever! I worry over failure but I try to worry more over whats going to happen when I drink. Like, who am I going to end up going home with tonight? How is my stomach going to feel tomorrow? Will I fall and break something? Will IU wake up with bruises and not know how I got them.. those are thngs I think about when I think of drinking. Stay strong! We can all do this.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

great attitude Rachel

D
Old 12-03-2010, 06:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the link!!!!!
today is my day one....my last drink was yesterday at 1:00pm...I feel so much better this morning. I am thankful the alcohol is leaving my body. I hate that little voice that tells me it is OK to drink. Thanks for this thread...it is helpful to be with people who are starting over too...I don't feel so alone. I'm living in a new town and don't know many people in recovery yet. I'll be going to a meeting tonight..
Old 12-03-2010, 06:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Avenger of my liver

Keep going strong guys. I'm on day 16 and if I can do it, all of you surely can do it. I got the job that I have been visualizing and praying about today and in all my joy I almost went to the bar and had a round of drinks.
I didn't.
I bought some cookies and a box of fried chicken. At least I got a bunch of unneccessary calories from something that won't make me sick in the morning, or forget what I did the night before.
Tough times are coming up during the holiday season so let's all hold each other's cyber hands and power through it together. Before we know it, a new year full of renewed hope and promises will be upon us.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

today was a lot better.. however i am craving junk food and eating like a cow. It is my first friday night in... I hate how people tempt you to go out.. Why can't people just understand no means no, and no i can't just have 1 drink. 1 drink leads to 8 drinks which leads to 10 drinks... so frustrating. I finally just shut off the phone.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you found us Purple609

I think most people have a hard time seeing alcohol as a problem fdsajkll - for most people it's simple - if you're drinking too much- just step it.

You'll always find understanding here

D
Old 12-03-2010, 08:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Today is my day one. I hadn't thought about how hard this month would be to quit. I guess nothings easy right? I am just so ready to be done with drinking. Hopefully I can make it this time around.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fdsajkll View Post
today was a lot better.. however i am craving junk food and eating like a cow. It is my first friday night in... I hate how people tempt you to go out.. Why can't people just understand no means no, and no i can't just have 1 drink. 1 drink leads to 8 drinks which leads to 10 drinks... so frustrating. I finally just shut off the phone.

welcome to all the Decembers!

I hear ya, fdsajkll, I can't have just 1 drink. Because it will be 10 more after that 1. And then 10 more again.

I never understood how anyone could have just 1 drink. Ah, well.

Have a good weekend,

-SD
Old 12-03-2010, 08:17 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Biza View Post
Today is my day one. I hadn't thought about how hard this month would be to quit. I guess nothings easy right? I am just so ready to be done with drinking. Hopefully I can make it this time around.

Welcome Biza! stick around, you will find much support and understanding here. I know I have, and I have managed to get to Day 20.

-SD
Old 12-03-2010, 08:43 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I woke up this morning and said "Why not me". If others can do this then I can do it too. As a woman who used to be so strong and determined, I am totally ashamed of this weakness. When did I become this woman. I looked in the mirror as a do every morning and didn't recognize myself. How could I have let this happen to me? It's a very sad and humbling site. I can't go on. Left the bathroom, went to the pantry and poured it all down the drain. I cried on my way to work and asked God to please help me. Nobody really knows the severity of my alcoholism and I'm too ashamed to talk about it. I hoping to find the support here on SR. There is no option, the drinking MUST STOP NOW!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thank you SD! That means a lot.

Whynotme- Hang in there. I am right there with you. Its so hard to keep it hidden and it just makes you feel awful. I also used to be strong and now I just feel weak and awful about myself. This is a change that must be made.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi

Day 3 for me. I have had 2 really bad years, and the drinking just continued to get out of hand. I just could not live like that anymore, or I would not be living. Well to be honest, I have not lived in 2 years. I am glad I found this site for support. This is very hard to do, but this time I am going to do it. I have stopped for a week at a time before, then the voice that says it is ok. Then I am right back where I was. I cant let that happen this time.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:30 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hello all! Welcome newcomers Congratulations Day Oners :ghug3 I am SO glad we're all here. This morning I awoke quite happy. It's only day three for me- however I think this happiness is due in part to letting go of shame. I believe, after a point, if one can do this- it makes each day a little easier- there is so much to look forward to. One can always change, it takes tremendous effort and insight- these are good things. The farther we step away from alcohol and other intoxicants, the closer we are to ourselves. Let's do this! Have a beautiful, intoxicant free day!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Fdsajkll- good for you for shutting off that phone. That was a really strong thing to do.

WhyNotMe, congratulations on your strength and decision to pour the rest of your drinks down the drain. You can do this. We are here for you.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:41 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Welcome Kyomi Thanks for joining us. Congratulations on your decision to "get on the wagon".
Old 12-03-2010, 12:08 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Biza, WhyNotMe, forthekidz and Kyomi

D
Old 12-03-2010, 12:57 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

WhyNotMe,

I'm glad you had a moment when you knew you had to stop drinking. I remember looking at myself in the mirror on the day I stopped drinking and I looked so tired. And, I was tired - tired of lying, manipulating, hiding, and poisoning my body. Know that you can do this!

Sleepie, you are right to try to let go of the shame. I sure couldn't do that at Day 3 or Week 3, for that matter. But, the shame can bring you right back to drinking if you're not careful, so letting go of it and moving foward and the right things to do.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Drinking does nothing for me Anna. I've actually come a long way this past year and drinking is the final thing to kick to the curb. I work hard to hold down a part time job and have also concentrated on building mutually respectful relationships with good friends. I don't want to mess with any of that by drinking. My friends are supportive of my sobriety and know drinking has been a problem. I am very fortunate to have them, however I also like to think they are there because I am worth it and reciprocate in some way. I intend to move forward and drinking only stalls me. Besides that, with my anxiety, I don't need toxic intake- it just makes it worse.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:01 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Guys, Welcome to all those new on SR it's great.

1 full calander month sober today Woo Hoo!!!! Never thought i would get a week, so pleased. Thanks esp to Dee and Anna for keeping me going on my tough days, hope i can be the same strenth to someone 1 day.

1st AA meeting since sunday, been snowed in and was getting cabin fever today, Oh how they make a difference.

Keeping it simple, one day at a time

Nawneet xxx