Notices

Class of Decmber 2010

Old 12-20-2010, 06:17 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Yay Decembers! I will definitely get back into the chat mode. I did that last year when I got 75 days strung together and was doing really well. Am psyched to be back!

Just got home from bootcamp which I am in 3x a week now! And made myself a delicious smoothie: frozen vanilla yogurt, one ripe banana, frozen strawberries, OJ + a little milk. Yummers!! Very full and feeling good.

Everyone is doing great!! I am going to find a fun smiley 'cas that banana one made me laugh aloud.

Fro smiley! Love it.

Oh and yes, this avatar is one of my dogs. The other one is 105 lb lab! And he is henpecked by her!
Soph
Old 12-20-2010, 07:02 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Still trying to figure it out

I usually start at 5:30 PM. Now is 9 PM and I am still good. Thinking of drinking hot cocoa. My last drink was last night so I am not sure if it counts as 1 day yet? Wish me luck and best of luck to all in the December class.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:10 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think I'd count this as your first day Nile

D
Old 12-20-2010, 07:17 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think I'd count this as your first day Nile

D
Thanks, I know not to overdo my excitement. I have been here before. Day 3 and 4 are my worst.

Just had my hot cocoa and it was very satisfying!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:25 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Good luck Nile!

I am thinking day 3 is a keeper. And what another holiday challenge. Tonight there was dinner with my ex who is visiting from overseas work, she and two friends joined us for some awesome Salvadoran cuisine (try Lomo Saltado sometime, so good). My ex has been really great and she is supporting me, her father is a lifelong alcoholic.

So we met at the restaurant and she said she would not get a drink but I did tell her it was ok. Our other two friends are pretty heavy drinkers and, of course, the moment they arrived it was all about "what no margaritas??" So I said that I'm taking a break and she says "what is this, a twelve step program?" Talk about awkward! Well, those three did end up getting drinks and I stuck to soda.

Then it was gift time and what did the couple bring me? A four pack of Belgian beer and some sort of beer bottle puzzle thing in which you must solve the puzzle to release the bottle of beer. I'm telling you, this day three was being measured in nano seconds at that point. And the restaurant was fun and it seemed all ok...but then I just thought hard and stuck to my guns and I made it. And my amazing friend, my ex, made sure to take those beers with her back to her hotel (she'll re-gift those tomorrow).

Oh, and when she told me that I can't do this alone I told her about SR and this amazing community, she gave you all a huge smile.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:07 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you. My palms are sweating and my anxiety is rising...I hate this stupid disease!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:39 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi Nile, I hope you can see a doctor, not one who would ridicule you as you posted before, but a real doctor who wants to help. Can you get to rehab? Is that a possibility for you? Sounds like a contained environment with a trained staff would be such a relief for you.

It's just painful, the white knuckling moment by moment, sweats, anxiety stuff. You need more help! Is it possible?

We're all in this together,

Soph
Old 12-20-2010, 09:06 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
I love this place.

Hey Peeps! Just checkin in. I spent all day in meetings today...I am a lil AA'd out.

Notaloser...wooohooo on 16! The Nile, hang in there my friend...you can do this, it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it. Mygf, so proud of you for getting through another obstacle, fwiw.

My new addiction:

Old 12-20-2010, 09:24 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I ate a piece of bread with mayo on it. Haven't had mayo in years! Have been avoiding it cause it's bad for me! I make my self laugh some times...

It's 11:23 PM and I am tired. Going to bed next to my sleeping cozy boyfriend without a drop of alc today! Yey! Tomorrow morning will be rough...
Old 12-20-2010, 09:28 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I hope your BF can help and support you. Good night!

Old 12-21-2010, 03:20 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi Nile...you can make it through today! We will do it together.

Hey, mayo beats alcohol any day...my new brand is Dukes Mayo, it's old school.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning! Waking up on day 5 today. Yesterday this gnarly headache started up and I was feeling a little sick to my stomach. No headache this morning but still feeling sickish. I just woke up from a dream of hanging out with this best friend I had for yrs that stopped talking to me a couple yrs ago bc of my drinking and it was such a trip bc I havnt thought of that friendship in forever but the dream ended with an argument and her yelling at me to just start drinking again. So random but when I woke up it left me feeling kinda bummed thinking about the friendships I ruined with my drinking. Well better get ready for work.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Good morning group! Nice to see some new and returning faces!

NotaLoser, today is 17 for you! Nice!

Hey Soph, that new smiley--the fro? At first I thought it was a normal smiley peeking out of a black hole or a manhole......go look again. hee hee........

Welcome Nile ... Make sure you drink tons of fluids for the next few days. Get some Gatorade or other sports drinks to replace the electrolytes.......small, frequent meals.....and like the others have said, if it starts to become bad, go see a doc to help you.

My Grandfather, I just want to hug that ex of yours. WHAT a doll! It gave me goosebumps when you said she snagged that beer and took it to re-gift. She "gets it." That's a really cool story, thanks.

5 for BoozeF today! Nice job!!!! I am having some really strange dreams myself. They all seem to be geared at stuff that has been bothering me in life. I think it's the psyche trying to cleanse. Getting drunk disabled the dream function........now it wants to get to work! (There is much to fix!)

Richard I hope this a hopeful and happy day two.

Hi to all the rest, Better, GFCO, Gr8, PHRD, Reggie.....I miss Knot and Bjork and Sleepie. I hope you guys are ok. Hi to anyone else I may have missed. Oh Dee. HI!

For Sophie:
Old 12-21-2010, 07:27 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me! Sweaty palms and jitters but made it to work! I am going to eat a big stuffed pizza piece with some diet cherry coke. My body is missing all the empty calories I consume every night. If you count one drink as 150 calories, 6 will add to 900 calories! Wow! I have my 24 oz water bottle next to me and lots of work to keep me busy. Good luck to all of us!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:30 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Not much going on here. Day 15! Feeling great. Getting ready for XMAS! Great job everyone! Welcome Nile! You can do it - We're here for you!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Awesome Nile! You sound like you have a plan. What about after work?

Vicious - I laughed out loud at the fro and then at the banana. I can see how the fro looks like a manhole. I have no idea what the thing is but it makes me laugh!

Day 3 and happy to be here!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
I love this place.

Good morning class! Day 11 here. Lotsa calls to make and meeting at 12.

Life is good sober!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

it's day 17, my "nemesis" but I have no desire to drink today, so I love day 17
Old 12-21-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soph View Post
Awesome Nile! You sound like you have a plan. What about after work?

Vicious - I laughed out loud at the fro and then at the banana. I can see how the fro looks like a manhole. I have no idea what the thing is but it makes me laugh!

Day 3 and happy to be here!
Yesterday after work I took it one minute at a time...Drank hot cocoa, juice, ate high calorie foods...I plan to do more of the same today. Cheese cake sounds good...Anything to keep me satisfied. Maybe some ice cream? You know, I feel like time stops after 6 PM and things move very slowly... It will be another battle tonight... My hands are sweating still but over all, my day is going well at work. Talk to you more, later.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Milkshakes and smoothies are helpful and soothing, IMO. And filling!