Notices

Things are so bad

Old 11-30-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

bochuck,

As Aurora says, is there a reason why you can't go to meeting while you're in town? I used to go to a couple a week while I was in town. Have you tried AA before? It's a good program.

I would suggest you try a few meetings, I liked women stag meetings, and check it out. You can get the Big Book from the library and take it with you until you can get your own at a meeting.

It's important that we take action and it sounds like you're ready. You might want to copy the worksheets from the SMART site to get you started.

I think the company of other recovering people is important.

And, we'll always be here for you. PM me if you want. I'll be in town until the 7th.

Love,

Lenina
Old 11-30-2010, 09:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

well thank god my husband is talking. we are staying together and he is being nice. I haveto do this. I am goingto the bookstore tpmarrow adn geting some books. I am also going to download some worksheets from SMART that Lenina told me about. Thank you all very much. I will be on here daily you all help so much.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(((bochuck))) I'm so glad to hear your husband is willing to talk with you. And congrats for making a decision for sobriety!

At most bookstores, there's a huge section of Self-Help and Addiction Recovery books. Browser through them and get a stock up. I always take at least one recovery book with me.

I'm so happy for you being able to get a new start!

Love,

Lenina
Old 12-04-2010, 02:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My mum is 80 and I asked her what she wanted for xmas. She said the only thing she wanted was for me never to drink one drop of alcohol again. N I am doing it and that is all I want from myself also .