Notices

Taking the next step

Old 12-03-2010, 11:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

today was a tough day, not only because of the shame of drinking yesterday but work was a bear; I went into work early and decided to take a long lunch and go to a meeting; I also talked a little with a friend/co-worker who has 2 years sober, and it felt really good; this forum is part of my plan, I plan to log in at least in the morning and evening even if all I do is read; I had dinner with a friend and did a little line dancing, it felt good to get out and not isolate so I could drink; one day at a time, or one minute at a time if it necessary;
Old 12-03-2010, 11:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am proud of you. I promise to keep up with you! I am only on day 3 but we can do this. I will keep posting and I will keep sending good vibes. This board won't let you down!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

yes, we can do this; today is a new day 2, I am working on the just for today which is difficult for me; I heard something in a meeting yesterday that was something I thought no one else did, "you mean I can never have another drink", it was an eye opener that others have been exactly where I am, I am not alone;
Old 12-06-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I screwed up again, new day 1 and I feel physically and mentally horrible; I'm not going to work today; I am going to call a friend in program and ask for her help; not asking for help is probably my biggest problem but I have to if I want to get sober and stay that way;
Old 12-06-2010, 07:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I called my friend and she is going to help me in whatever way she can; I suggested maybe we can start doing something at lunch time during the week; it was hard for me to ask for her help but I did, and that to me was a big step; I want to live a sober life
Old 12-06-2010, 12:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you reaching out can be the start of something Pattyspaw

D
Old 12-06-2010, 10:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sounds like me for the year previous to my getting it together and making it to almost three months. In fact you are doing much better than I used to do. I knew I had to quit and tried every morning. I knew it had to be for good. Couldn't make it one morning sober let alone a day or 30! One day it will click for you too. All of us know how you feel because every one of us have walked that path. Then we decided to do something , no a lot of things, different. Because lord knows what we were doing wasn't working.

Keep reading here and take what you can use, and leave the rest. Remember none of us could do it alone. Many of us use a lot of local support and not just AA. I hope you find your support that will work for you. All of us deserve it after what we put ourselves and those around us through.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I made it 3 days then relapsed, 2 nights and one morning of drinking; Saturday around 11am was the last drink; but it felt good on Sunday and today not to wake up with a hang over; I had big cravings about an hour before leaving work this evening and was able to let it go; I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I have enjoyed doing things sober; for me I have to learn that just for today thing, I tend to look to far into the future;