Notices

Milestone = Much needed Hope

Old 11-26-2010, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Milestone = Much needed Hope

As some of you know, I have been struggling with the overwhelming "loss" of drinking. I was worried about feeling like that all the time, being emotional and lost every evening or throughout the day. Last night, I was home alone for a few hrs (this used to be my freedom time to drink as I please without sneaking) so this makes this milestone double special: I never got the urge to drink or felt the loss of it. No crying or feeling anxious or missing it. I was very calm and at peace with myself. Made some tea and went about my evening. What a total difference of how I have been feeling.
Now I know that this is just one evening out of many of the rest of my life but I think the importance of all this for me, and the rest of us early in recovery, is that IT DOES become easier. We will certainly all have hard times now and in the future, but stick with it and the hard times will become fewer and farther apart.
Well, that's my motivational post!!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, that's the way it works!
Old 11-26-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

IT DOES become easier. We will certainly all have hard times now and in the future, but stick with it and the hard times will become fewer and farther apart.

You're so right! I suddenly realized one day, at about four to six months sober, that I no longer had the desire to drink! I hadn't noticed, but had the sudden realization and it was so freeing and such a happy feeling.

Thank you for expressing my thoughts.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kristin

wow.........i'm not alone!!!!
thank you