Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Kicking Methadone, again. Hope to remember to stay stopped forever this time...

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello all, I joined this forum because I read a lot of smart things on some of the threads. I'm in a different country now(away from U.S.) and I am apprehensive about going to meetings here because frankly, I don't want to meet any people to use with. I know that doesn't always happen with people we meet at meetings, but it has to me before. I don't know anyone who uses here and I plan on never meeting them. So I'm down to 5mg of Methadone and I plan on taking 5mg tomorrow and then 2.5mg (a quarter of a pill) for the next three days after that. Then I'm out and hopefully off all opiates and narcotics for the rest of my life. If we could only remember the true horror and pain of withdrawal, we would never pick up again. It's indeed not worth it... not for a thousand nods. Methadone is such an evil kick. I was on 40mg a day, a week ago for 5years, so I am really feeling the reduction even though I'm still on a small dose. Anyhow, I appreciate this forum and I thank you guys for being here. Reading about other peoples stories and thoughts on addiction and on how to live a happy productive life without the backbone of drugs and drink inspires me and helps me feel not so alone in this dark dirty hole of withdrawal/addiction that I'm trying to crawl myself out of. Thanks
Old 11-25-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome!

You are definitely not alone and we do understand.

SR is a great form of support and I'm glad you found us. I wonder if you've talked to your dr about your plan? It might be a good idea. And, you won't have to go through the withdrawls again. Even though it's been years, I still remember the last time I stopped drinking and I don't ever want to go through that again.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Burroughs

You are definitely not alone here
D