Notices

Sober Holiday

Old 11-24-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Holiday

I was going to say this is my first sober holiday..But heck I made it thru Labor Day with flying colors. I just stopped in the grocery store. It has a liquor store as well. The wind is blowing 65 mph today (not unusual where I live) and the wind chill is subzero. As I left to struggle my way to my Jeep I saw a guy with a case of beer..and all these bottles of misc liquor. Not sure if he made it to his vehicle without breaking bottles or not. It is really rutted. The cart was bouncing all over the place..He was on a mission that was for sure. I wondered if he had a houseful..or if he was planning on hunkering in since it is such ugly weather out. I guess it just brought back some memories of past Thanksgivings. They were not all peaceful let me tell ya. Not like the commercials at all where the biggest fight is who gets the last crecent roll...and mom comes strolling in with no sweat on her brow with a new basket of them. Ours were a bunch of people who felt obligated to be together because it was Thanksgiving...but they didn't get along. The stress factor was always HIGH. The drinkers did not hold back after awhile..lots of fighting would ensue. I got out of there right after I graduated. Anyway..now it is something I look forward to. Headed out of town and will be with supportive family. People I truly love. I am armed with my club soda and tea. Plan on getting in some Christmas shopping as well. I hope you all have a nice sober peaceful Thanksgiving as well. I feel good. I have found my niche. Sobriety suits me! Happy Thanksgiving.