Notices

Into practice...

Old 11-24-2010, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Into practice...

What I really loved about and continue to love about my recovery is actually putting it into practice and being able to 'feel' the rewards.

It's like all of those random acts of kindness and stuff like that really helps me keep feeling spiritual, which basically means feeling content and peaceful with living in the moment.

I really took on board stuff from the 'just for today card' I believe it was where it says to do a random nice act and not get found out. This is something which really builds up my feeling of spirituality as it's tempting to always want to be noticed and make it obvious that you've done something helpful for somebody to feed the ego, so to speak. It's amazing the warm feeling you get when you put this stuff into practice.

I was thinking today how over all the one day at a times that I've collected and as I've built my life back up piece by piece to where I'm at now, then how I can see so clearly how putting all this stuff into practice has really helped me.

I guess it's like it says in the promises of AA, I believe it is, that the spiritual life is not a theory but has to be actively lived, or something along those lines.

It's funny because when I'm off-balance then sometimes I can get sick of feeling like Mr Nice guy! ha-ha. But when I'm on balance then I genuinely agree with what I was told at AA ages ago that it's "nice being nice".

Peace and Love
Old 11-24-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the share Neo - I really believe a 'good' life is meant to be lived, not talked about too

D