Notices

If you're going through tough times...

Old 11-24-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cas2cam

Talking If you're going through tough times...

My name is Cindy. I'm 45 yrs. old, and C/S for about 1 1/2 yrs. I drk/drg for 32 years and thought that the 'Miracle' that everyone kept telling me to wait for was a scam to get me to stay in the program! It was not.
I only have a few minutes right now, so I'll give you the 'very short' story, til later!
I had a horrible time trying to get cln/sbr. 32 yrs., 36 + detoxes.... I thought it was hopeless!
Please read this. The God that I refused to acknowledge, was right there beside me all along.

I had no fight left in me(so I thought). I had gone to detox for this last time simply beacause I had no place to go, and needed time to get my 'plan' together. Maybe a week or so. I had saved about $800, and as soon as it was sent to me, I was leaving this world, this miserable life. As soon as I got my money, I was going to rent a hotel room for 3 days, so no-one could find me. Then a gallon of vodka, and enough pills and dope to do me in, and 'No More Pain'.
Instead, I came to this city, stayed in the shelter, and the next day, found a place where I could use a computer to write my letter, and tie up the loose ends.
O.K., This is where God steps in. The man who registered me at this place, a man who is neither an alc. or add.,Instantly became my friend , and now is my husband.
All I want today is to help others. 'I LOVE my life!!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow! Im so pleased for you! xx
Old 11-24-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

I'm hanging in and sometimes I want to throw in the towel. But I don't think that my miracle has happened yet, so im still hanging on for dear life. The thing that keeps me hanging on are my two kids. Who am I to just give up on sobriety and life when I have two little ones that need their father in their lives. I don't know what Gods plans are for me, if I give up now I'll never know. Sometimes I wish that things would just go my way, that I was running the show. But then I remind myself that my way wasn't working for me, that when I was trying to run the show my life got turned upside-down and not in a good way.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by cas2cam View Post
My name is Cindy...All I want today is to help others.
Great share, Cindy.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

John, you have 11 months sober? WOW!! Good for you. And all you others