Notices

Advice needed please

Old 11-23-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Advice needed please

Hi Nawneet here,

The problem is my parents have organised a get together on the 5th of December for a christmas dinner as they are going to Austrailia to celebrate it. The thing is, as i've shared with you before, my youngest daughter is not talking to me due to my last drink and had said she would not go if I was there, now through the grapevine I have heard she is coming, stating it's going to be awkward, I have to go as i'm taking my other daughters, but how do i address the situation, without causing upset. I would dearly love to talk to her, but i am frightened that she might go off on one.

STRESSED keep telling myself a day at a time, but i need advice as to handle this.

Nawneet
Old 11-23-2010, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

i'd let her do all the talking. If she tries to pick a fight, don't get defensive and don't capitulate. I would just try and keep my side of the street clean and my mouth shut as much as possible. I would be clear that I am there to listen and I am willing to apologize (not provide explanation) for anything she come at me with that I actually own.

Also, pray a lot.

Less is more. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

^^^^^^^
Great Advice above.

Also please remember that is another 12 days away. You will have 12 more days of sobriety if you continue going as you are now and your head will be clearer than it is today.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing, as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,