SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Brain Shrinkage (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/213847-brain-shrinkage.html)

MsCooterBrown 11-21-2010 01:28 PM

Brain Shrinkage

Just checking in because I gotta tell you...In spite of all they say about your brain shrinking due to alcohol abuse ...I JUST FINISHED MY SUNDAY CROSSWORD PUZZLE!!! Good news! No brain shinkage here...My lobes are all in tact thank you very much!!! Dodged that bullet. I really do need to cut back on my internet research of the ill effects of alcohol addiction. But..I am HAPPY!!!! Sundays puzzle is HUGE! Hope everyone is enjoying their last day of this weekend...I will bid you adieu! Be back later to catch up on todays posts...
Sincerely,
Ms. Cooter Brown :lmao

OZboy 11-21-2010 05:04 PM

..my brain shrinkage (cerebral atrophy) came to fruition at age 54..

I can no longer work,think,balance or mobilise myself properly..

..probable cause...alcohol(ethernol)poisoning..

..look after yourself..I wish I'd been given this news,a long time ago..

..Ozboy..

MsCooterBrown 11-21-2010 06:00 PM

You know..I really have been worried about all the effects that drinking has when we abuse alcohol. So worried that I made light of it. I get so scared because I had no idea of all the damage I could have done to my organs. I should take these issues more seriously. For that..I am sorry. I wish you well Oz. Love your humor! I have read some of your posts..all the best to you.

Dee74 11-21-2010 06:08 PM

I think Oz thinks pretty good, myself :c041:

It is scary Ms CB - but the best thing we can do is get ourselves checked out - and make sure we don't do any more damage :)

D

OZboy 11-21-2010 06:22 PM

..thanks for tha thanks...lol..

..routine chats n' checks with the doc are worth it..

..old age shows no mercy for us rock stars..hey Dee!! :lmao

johndelko408 11-21-2010 06:29 PM

Well its good to hear your brain is still intact.

Cottonwoodchris 11-22-2010 02:58 PM

My brain is still there, but after my kidneys quit working back in '07, some of the body doesn't work right anymore. I still get shakes on warm days, can't wiggle any of my toes. They said (my friends that saw me in the ER) that my feet were the size of basket balls. I think they call it "neuropathy" (sp?) If it ever will get better, it will take years, so "they" say. Sux what I did to my body with drinking alcohol. They need a better warning, what it can do to you. Just put on the label, "warning, drinking this will kill you" It will kill us. Period. It will kill me if I decide to pick up again. Thank God, 82 days today, but I blew 3 years with one drink.

Be strong, Ms. Brown, be strong. Get with a support group, if you haven't already. It's not easy, but the rewards are priceless.