Notices

Blacked Out - I Quit

Old 11-22-2010, 01:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree with Chris that seeing a Dr is a good idea but I read your post that you are a month sober so yousgouldnt need a Dr for withdrawal...more to check other health things...make sure you are good.

I didn't mean to suggest in any way that I didn't think getting sober was a brilliant idea...I just thought for a first blackout your experience sounded extreme...plus the way you acted...when I blacked out it was more of a fade and then go to sleep.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's my experience that I had a few different kinds of blackouts.

Just my opinion, but I don't think there's any reason to look for any other explanation than you blacked out, blackouter.

D
Old 11-22-2010, 02:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
I agree with Chris that seeing a Dr is a good idea but I read your post that you are a month sober so yousgouldnt need a Dr for withdrawal...more to check other health things...make sure you are good.

I didn't mean to suggest in any way that I didn't think getting sober was a brilliant idea...I just thought for a first blackout your experience sounded extreme...plus the way you acted...when I blacked out it was more of a fade and then go to sleep.
Yeah, totally true. It was highly out of character for me. I don't usually black out or get hysterical like that. So I may have been drugged. I did think that the next week after.

I don't think I really "detoxed". As I didn't drink that often, it wasn't really that hard to not drink. I don't have a physical dependency or anything. And it isn't hard to stay away from it now either. It's more of a "when I do drink, I often drink too much." So I should just not even start.
Stupid thing is that I didn't even really feel like going out that night at all... I was already thinking of quitting altogether, because it doesn't even really fit in with my lifestyle to drink a lot. I'm very active, do a lot of sports and eat very healthy. I had promised I would though and that's why I went. So silly.

Going for a general medical check-up on Wednesday, but I don't expect any problems.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blackouter View Post
Stupid thing is that I didn't even really feel like going out that night at all... I was already thinking of quitting altogether, because it doesn't even really fit in with my lifestyle to drink a lot. I'm very active, do a lot of sports and eat very healthy. I had promised I would though and that's why I went. So silly.

Going for a general medical check-up on Wednesday, but I don't expect any problems.
Sounds like you have a solid plan of action. Keep us posted.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cottonwoodchris View Post
Sounds like you have a solid plan of action. Keep us posted.
Will do! My worst vice will be cafe lattes from now on!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blackouter View Post
Will do! My worst vice will be cafe lattes from now on!
LOL, I still have 2 vice's, cigarettes and Red Bull's.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChangeIsGood123 View Post
Oh I remember the blackouts. And the feeling of dread and panic the next morning. Notice I say blackouts bc I too did not stop after one. But I wish I had bc they haunt me to this day. Of course it reaffirms that I am doing right by being sober. And I feel you are doing right as well.

I drank to blackout probably 75% of the time.

I was like a light switch when it came to drinking. When it was off, it was off (unfortunately, as the years went on, the switch was only off maybe 2 days a week) but when it was on, it was ON.

I'm only Day 9 but yes, I am using the past tense when I refer to my drinking. I am looking forward to a sober future.

you're doing the right thing, blackouter.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
din
~ still a believer ~

stay your course on quitting

one black out leads to two.......leads to three.........leads to..........
you see the pattern.

excellent call on quitting now!

instead of getting used to the idea............and then thinking no one knew??

so very....... LOL on my part
Old 11-22-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Just because you had only one blackout, doesnt mean you wont have more. Don't risk finding out if you do not want to. There has to be a first one and last one right? Make this one both!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChangeIsGood123 View Post
Just because you had only one blackout, doesnt mean you wont have more. Don't risk finding out if you do not want to. There has to be a first one and last one right? Make this one both!
That is exactly true. Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!
Old 11-25-2010, 04:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Today is Thanksgiving and I am celebrating with some of my friends at their place. Normally this would mean drinking beer, or other alcoholic beverages, but I have decided to just bring some nice sodas (not just cola, but nice flavored stuff, like cream soda and things like that) myself and drinking those instead of joining them in drinking booze. Actually looking forward to the sodas, haha! I normally really only drink water, so it will be a bit of a treat. Weehooo!

Wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving!