SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I drunk (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/213798-i-drunk.html)

SASA 11-20-2010 03:05 PM

I drunk

well to make the story short, I drunk yesterday. Why, I was exhausted and had emntal overload, I just wanted my brain to stop thinking.
What I will need to do different:
the last 2 weeks were hell at work, lots of stress and I started not to exercise and eat unhealthy food. The last week I did not take my vitamins and supplements. Also I had my friend living with me putting all his negative energy on me.
So I realized: when I feel overwelmed, I should cut back immediatly
ensure I take my pills
ensure to eat a balanced diet, if I get too busy, screw the job, it helps nobody if I keep going and end up drunk, I need to scale back and renew myself.
I had it coming, I saw it, but it was to late for me to intervene, now I am back at day 1.....

Dee74 11-20-2010 03:22 PM

I'm sorry SASA. The first 90 days are hard for most of us.
I'm glad you're back tho :)

Remember this plan - and think of other things you can add to what you've been doing.
D

Ghostly 11-20-2010 03:32 PM

Nice job SASA for getting right back at it. Good for you to have a plan to do things different. Remember...life will still happen - sober or not. Keep at that plan. Drinking your problems away has not worked before I assume. Won't work now or in the future either. Get through day one. you can do this.

Itchy 11-20-2010 06:08 PM

SASA,
Life doesn't get any easier. Being sober does.

lulu70 11-20-2010 07:38 PM

(((((SASA))))) So glad you are here. I am a drunk and a pot head and although I have remained abstinent from alcohol for almost seven years, I have just finished my first 24 hours without pot in three years.

I thought I could do it my own way without any help and I was wrong. I'm just glad I didn't go back to the drink. Hope you don't beat yourself up too much. Just move on and pick yourself up again and try to stay away from the booze!!

yeahgr8 11-20-2010 07:45 PM

Non-alcoholics seem to be able to do what you described without getting drunk?! Maybe instead of trying to micro manage life you could get into a program of recovery and actually recover then everything else will fall into place...

Better that this happened after days instead of years...good luck and really do something different this time:-)

Kmber2010 11-21-2010 04:34 AM

Sorry to hear this Sasa....but I am so glad you are back. Learn from this and do it different. I found that I needed more support...maybe you might need that to? I will say that no matter how good my routine was if I wasn't strong in my recovery it didn't matter how many vitamins I took or how good of day I had.....know what I am saying? Getting into recovery allows me to live life with all its ups/downs and turning to the bottle doesn't even enter my mind. Takes some time and work but I know you will get there.

Routing for you and know you can do this. Looking forward to the new you :)

viavai 11-21-2010 05:10 AM

Remember H.A.L.T.: Never let yourself get to Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. Any combination of the above should be your signal that things have got to change, or you will wind up drunk again. Don't beat yourself up; be grateful (and proud) that you were able to come here for the support you need as you renew your efforts. Congratulations! Remember to keep it in the day (just for today).

Anna 11-21-2010 05:30 AM

Sasa, it sounds like you've learned a lot.

I have found the same thing. I need balance and when things start to detiorate, I need to notice it right away and take some action.

I'm glad you're back!

least 11-21-2010 06:54 AM

If it were me, I'd kick the 'friend' out now to be rid of his negative energy. Better to be alone than stressed out in your own home.:hug: Good for you for getting right back up and starting over.:)

SASA 11-21-2010 10:11 AM

least, I wish I were stron enough to kick him out. Even yesterday when I collected my remains his answer was, why didn't you tell me I would have joined, lets go and get another bottle and drink together. (Well he does not drink at all so it was clear he wanted to push me over the edge again). With friends like this you don't need enemys.
I stood up to him yesterday and told him if he does not get out of my way and space and follow the rules he is out. He is in his room today with the door closed.....

maimai 11-21-2010 12:38 PM

Hey... I sent you a PM...

Hang in there. You are where all of us have begun, times over, day 1.

Thinking about you!

hugs

stellaloella 11-21-2010 12:45 PM

I'm still relatively new to all this and I find that the only thing that I can cling to is a reliable schedule. It feels like baby steps but without it everything else flies into chaos. Thinking of you.

Dee74 11-21-2010 02:24 PM

I thought you'd made arrangements for your friend to stay somewhere else, SASA?

D

SASA 11-21-2010 02:48 PM

well I went to friends stayed the night over and went back the next day. We thantalked and I caved in...... Did not help me much did it, I am just not good with boundaries. people keep using me as a doormat and I just allow it. I am working on it, getting there slowly though......

Dee74 11-21-2010 03:21 PM

I hope you can work something out cos it's clearly making you unhappy.
If you feel this guy is a contributing factor in your relapse, he's got to hit the pavement.

D

VeeTee 11-21-2010 03:42 PM

SASA - I can feel your pain. I hope you can get some extra support `this time round. I'm a total newbie here with just a few weeks of sobriety - but I know that AA is helping me a lot. I can only recommend it!

vicky