Notices

1 Year Ago Today RIP My Best Friend EJV

Old 11-17-2010, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 Year Ago Today RIP My Best Friend EJV

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today I lost my very best friend in a car accident. Her name was Errin Vuley if you Google her will you see just what an amazing person she was and how many peoples like she impacted. She was a non-profit worker that dedicated her life to women’s rights. Last year when her husband called to tell us my world stopped. This morning it felt like I started breathing for the first time since her passing.

If I was the same old Saliena I would go get a couple bottles of wine and sit around with others drinking and remembering until I was a slobbering mess and someone would have to mop me into a cab or a car to get me home. Tonight I am going to honor Errin’s memory in a different way. I am making changes in myself… to reflect the light that was her and burns so brightly in my darkest hours. I am going to light a candle for her… and I am going to say a prayer for all the people who love and miss her just as much as I do.

Not sure why I am putting this on SR… but, I miss her… and it is hard.. this was a rambling/poem she wrote in college that captures a lot of who she was... and today I to will celebrate her life with my own Natural High

Natural Highs

Falling in love.Laughing so hard your face hurts.A hot shower.No lines at the Super Walmart.A special glance.Getting mail.Taking a drive on a pretty road.Hearing your favorite song on the radio.Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.Hot towels out of the dryer.Walking out of your last final.Finding the sweater you want is on sale for half price.Chocolate milkshake.A long distance phone call.Getting invited to a dance.A bubble bath.Giggling.A good conversation.A care package.The beach.Finding a $20 bill in your coat from last winter.Laughing at yourself.Midnight phone calls that last for hours.Running through sprinklers.Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.Laughing at an inside joke.Friends.Falling in love for the first time.Slumber parties.Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.Your first kiss.Being part of a team.Making new friends or spending time with old ones.Playing with a new puppy.Late night talks with your roommate that keep you from sleeping.Having someone play with your hair.Sweet dreams.Hot chocolate.Road trips with friends.Swinging on swings.Watching a good movie cuddled up on a couch with someone you love.Wrapping presents under the Christmas tree while eating cookies anddrinking eggnog.Song lyrics printed inside your new CD so you can sing along withoutfeeling stupid.Going to a really good concert.Getting butterflies in your stomach every time you see that one person.Making eye contact with a cute stranger.Winning a really competitive game.Making chocolate chip cookies!Having your friends send you homemade cookies!Spending time with close friends!Running through the fountains with your friends.Riding a bike downhill.The feeling after running a few miles-an accomplishment!The feeling you get the first time you step on stage.Seeing smiles and hearing laughter from your friends...Holding hands with someone you care about.Wearing your boyfriend's/ girlfriend's shirt that still smells likehis/her cologne.Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad)never change.Discovering that love is unconditional and stronger than time.Riding the best roller coasters over and over.Hugging the person you love.Watching the expression someone's face as they open a much-desiredpresent from you.Kisses on your forehead from the first and only girl/boy you have everloved.Watching the sunrise.Getting out of bed every morning and thanking the goddess for anotherbeautiful day.

EJV
7/23/99
Old 11-17-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Saliena, thanks for sharing. Your plan to honor her memory tonight is beautiful. She really "got" the things in life to be grateful for. I'm glad you posted them. It gives us all more ideas on what to be thankful for on Thanksgiving.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing Saliena.

Peace.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The best way you can honor her memory is by living well. Blessings to you.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Saliena, I'm so sorry for your loss. Good for you for honoring her memory! She sounds like a wonderful person.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You will truly honor her memory by being/staying sober and being the best person you can be.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Thanks for that, Saliena. I pray you'll sense her beside you in those little happy moments..... It was great to read her list.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

Thanks for your share Saliena. It touched a place in my heart. I think it is so very admirable the way you plan on paying your respects to your friend that you love and miss so much. I'm sure she's looking down on you and is proud of the strides you've made in your life. I believe our loved ones that have past on to a better place never truly leave us. There always with us and very much alive in that special place in our hearts and memories. I also believe that they're up stairs with JC and the boys making the proper arrangements awaiting our arrival. God bless, and again I admire you for honoring your friend in the way you're doing it.