Notices

7 clean days behind me and feeling strong

Old 11-15-2010, 10:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 clean days behind me and feeling strong

Well I am surprised that none of my friends are hacking on me for not drinking or getting high with them. I told them when I started that I would not hang out with them if they gave me any crap. But they recently (4 mos ago) saw me stop smoking and maybe they get the idea that I can do what I need to do.
Anyway, tomorrow is day 8 and it feels great. I have been sleeping more lately, but not to an obsession. I have started taking an interest again in things I used to love, like work and dating and working in my garage. I guess I did not realize that meth and alcohol slowly consumed my every thought.
Well, I erased all my meth connections off my cell phone and made it clear to everyone that I am heading in a new direction. They can either support me or get the Fu*& out of my life.
Everything seems to be going very well. If I can ever help anyone here, just let me know. I know temptations will be coming I will deal with them when they get here. But today I am just going to enjoy how good it feels.
Jesse
Old 11-15-2010, 10:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good job

did you quit both at once? how are you managing? I quit the meth unofficially in april, then one relapse in august but since then I haven't touched it. Alcohol is way more troublesome, though I have so many mental emotional scars from the meth. Its funny, I thought quitting that would be enough, then my drinking escalated like crazy. How u staying strong? any tips?
Old 11-15-2010, 10:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 7 days Jesse

D
Old 11-15-2010, 10:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your clean time.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats Jesse! Woo Hoo!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
31/10/10

congratulations Jesse - I'm happy your feeling so good and strong! Great Job!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Construct: Yes I quit both at once only because in my case they went hand in hand. I usually would get drunk with friends or downtown and then I would start calling my connections for an 8 ball. which would start a good 5 day high for me and several select hookers. And at the end of the 5 days or so, I would start kicking myself in the ass for all the money I spent and the work that I missed. I seldom would just start smoking meth without being drunk. good luck to you construct!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 days