Notices

new to this

Old 11-15-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to this

hi, i'm new to this but not actually. I've just been scanning everyone's posts too scared to post one myself. I'm 16 and addicted to oxy's & fentanyl. I still can't figure out how i got myself here reminding me all the time of what i used to be
Old 11-15-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Confused.

I'm glad you posted. It's a step in the right direction. I've found a lot of people around here to be incredibly helpful, insightful, friendly, and... just good listeners.

I hope you continue to read, and perhaps share when you feel like it. You've taken a big step with post #1.

You've already conquered one fear.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Hi confused. I have a daughter that is almost 16, and I'm going to talk to you like you are my own.
BE HONEST. Nothing is going to get better by lying about or omitting the fact that you have a problem. Who ever you live with, or is your primary caregiver, will want to help you. Sure, whoever it is may freak out. Maybe they will show anger, but its only because they feel fear. YOU CAN TAKE IT. I promise you that once its out in the open, and has been discussed, and cried about, and yelled about, and they make you feel like crap about it, they will help you. You can't do this by yourself sweetie. Its too hard, and this is serious stuff.
There is nothing your parents won't do for you. As a mom of a VERY difficult teen, sometimes I want to just shake some sense into her. For as much as she has put me through, and put our family through, I would still walk through fire for her. I'd lay down my life and die for her. I can guarantee that your folks, whatever their own problems may be, feel the same about you, even if they don't always show it. You have to have faith in that love, enough to come clean. Do it now before its too late. My kid needs therapy, medication, has undergone hypnosis, the whole thing, and for now, until she's 18, she can be under our insurance. After that unless she is a full time student, she is on her own. One of her meds costs 450 a month. I tell you this, because now is the time to take advantage of the medical benefits you have. Rehabs, inpatient clinics and those types of things can cost 5000.00 A DAY.
Bottom line is this. It doesn't get easier. Do something about your addiction now, while you have the world by the balls. You can recover from this and be ANYTHING you want to be in life.
I hope you don't take offense by me talking "as a mom". Your post touched my heart. Please keep posting. And pm me anytime if you want to talk.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! Please take a look at our substance abuse forum for lots of support and useful info.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 11-15-2010, 02:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi confused1144

I tend to agree with Julez.

One of the best things you can do is reach out right now and ask for help - preferably your parents, but if a doctor or a counsellor or even a teacher would be easier for you so they could act as an intermediary, go for it.

I know it's a frightening prospect to 'come clean' but the way out of the cycle you're in is to make definite changes and the best way to do that, I think, is to ask for help.

You'll find a lot of support here too. Welcome
D
Old 11-23-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey guys, thank you for your insight and the welcomes. I'm sorry this is a pretty late post. I confide in close friends but if i were to tell my parents it would ruin them. I don't take it as an offense at all that you're talking as a mom and i'm very thankful for all of your posts. I want to be clean one day but i've tried forcing myself and it never works. will there ever come a time when i feel ready?