Notices

What I'm Dreading...

Old 11-12-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

i've found that just saying 'no thanks' is sufficient in most cases. for those that knew my drinking intimately i will inform them that i have quit drinking. few, if any have asked why. the know why! rest assured that those close to us have been aware of our problem, probably long before we were.

old drinking/using buddies, well i don't consort with those people anymore. there's no reason to. and anybody that pushes me to drink/use beyond my simple 'no thanks' or 'i quit' will immediately be removed from my circle of associates. this is life or death for me and if you can't support that, you can fvck off.

to new associates in business or social settings i just identify myself as a non-drinker. nobody has really asked why. few, if any people care why. i have learned in this year that i'm actually not the center of the universe, and that people really aren't interested in the minutia of my consumption habits. people move on to the next thing pretty dang quickly so long as i'm not making anything weird.