Notices

Wow

Old 11-11-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm so thankful you are here firestorm - i was thinking alot about you since I read your recent posts. I'm glad you are here with us!!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That's great news Fire!! You just put a smile on my face this morning because you are not giving up good for you!
Old 11-11-2010, 02:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back...I said a prayer for you too...now don't try a stunt like that again!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Ditto.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I drank until I reached the point where there were only the options of early death, jail, or some other institutionalization ahead of me.

I know that the first few months are very taxing and can wear you down. If you can get past them though, and have the right help, it really does get easier. After a certain point, I became more able to pause and think before the impulse to self-destruct kicked in with the slightest catalyst.

I'd suggest looking at your vulnerable situations, and organizing emergency support you can turn to when at risk. (With a year sober, I still have these in place for myself. I still have some difficulties with being alone, having my own inner demons... I haven't entirely sorted that out yet, it's still a work in progress, probably always will be to a point.)

Early in my own recovery, I went to counseling primarily out of a sense of obligation to, to keep others in my life happy and off my case. It took a few more ugly incidents to really convince me of the crucial need for recovery, and to change my attitude. It may be a cliche but I was finally broken down to the point of surrender, and that's what made the difference. I was just too damn tired to fight anymore, I was going to listen to others and take their advice on board, as I'd really only messed things up for myself trying to do it my way, as I thought I knew best.

Nobody has a recovery that is an entirely smooth trajectory, we all have our up and down moments, it's not always pretty and rosy and it's a lot of work. But it sure beats the falsity and self-degradation of the existence of an addict.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Look at all the recovery in on day

I miss a day and Firestorm is back. YEAH!!!!! But aside look at all this great support and advice in just one day. I hope a few of our other friends make their way back.
SH
Old 11-11-2010, 11:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey, did I mention that I love you guys and gals?

If not, I'm mentioning it now.

hey, don't get a big head over this, it's just love, ya know.

Here, have some love with that coffee.........and don't skip the donuts, lol.

You can take all the love I give ya, plus two dollars, and get a good cup of coffee, lol. But I love ya anyway!!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Love the positive vibe FS and umm....I am enjoying some coffee as I read this...haha.

Here is to another sober day friend
Old 11-12-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post

You can take all the love I give ya, plus two dollars, and get a good cup of coffee, lol. But I love ya anyway!!
There he goes with the FOOD again!! (A man after my own heart!)
Old 11-12-2010, 08:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

mmm did someone say donuts. Welcome back Firestorm!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:34 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Alcohol is the Devil. He just waits until our guard is down. A weak moment, bad day at work or just a bad day coping with life, and it slams you. Again. I had 3 years and went right back to a bottle a day. It took another trip in an ambulance to the hospital to get me back on track to my recovery. No, it's not easy. But the more I stay busy, the less the temptations. When I was drinking, life was a "I'll do it tomorrow" kind of mess. Hang in there, Fire.

Speaking of food, I know a lot of great places, if you ever get down to the South Bay. Yes, food does help. For me, anyways. Not over eating, just a few snacks, and the cravings aren't so bad.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post

Yanno D...... I'm starting to think I liked u better when u were gone!