Notices

Thanks anyway

Old 11-10-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good luck man...you've got all the info and know where to go and what you need to do when you are ready and willing:-)
Old 11-10-2010, 05:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Firestorm
Don't give up on life. If you are not done drinking right now remember to take care of yourself along the way. There will come a time when you want to live a sober life and you will ask for support. Everything you do in a day is better sober because you can feel the moment.
Keep in touch
SH
Old 11-10-2010, 05:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Sorry to see you go, but hopeful you'll return.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Please don't go. Your posts have helped me, even this one. You could never be a bother or a waste of time, Dallas - you're part of this dysfunctional family & we all need each other. Hope you'll reconsider and stay - and post to whatever extent you feel comfortable with. We care about you and always will!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Man - do what you gotta do.

I'm not going to beg you to stay, but do you think it's wise to stop coming here if you honestly want to get sober? What are you going to be instead of coming here?

BTW - did you ever give AA a try? Even if you don't like it (and I don't know too many who did at first, myself included) it's got a good track record for those who actually do the steps.

Anyway...you can always come back here and AA is always there for you...but you already know that.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Don't go.

I won't stop worrying until I know your okay. So check back in and chin up.

xx
Old 11-10-2010, 04:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I hope you will do whatever it takes to stay sober, and selfishly, I hope part of that will be that you will stay on SR so we can witness the miracle with you. Jomey
Old 11-10-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Same here, Dallas - it's family, ya know?
Old 11-10-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Dallas.... Dallas come on......
We've all felt what you're feeling. We need you for your insights, kind words, encouragement, support, and experience.
And you need us for the same things.
If you leave us, I hope you return.
Love, Julez
Old 11-10-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Dismember

Dear firestorm,

Quit lurking. Get your bum back in here. Obviously dozens of us miss you like crap.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:12 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Re-Member

OK bud, it is your road. But consider this cost benefit analysis:

1. Can't quit alcohol, can quit SR.

Shouldn't that be:
2. Can quit alcohol, can't quit SR.

Or at worst:
3. Can quit alcohol, can quit SR.

"Dependent people need others to get what they want. Independent people can get what they want through their own efforts. Interdependent people combine their own efforts with the efforts of others to achieve their greatest success." -- Stephen Covey
Old 11-10-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

*cough*

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...13109-wow.html

D
Old 11-10-2010, 09:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

..hi fs..
..been along time..

..i needed time to develope what it was that kept me relapsing..

..maybe the break will be good for you..

all i know is that you've been a good friend and i know you'll read this,
so i'm am smiling at you..right now..blessings..Oz...:ghug3
Old 11-10-2010, 10:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Oops!
Maybe instead of going from oldest to newest I should try starting at the top and working down!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I was having similar thoughts myself even though I only found this site a couple of weeks ago - at first I thought - yes this will help me do it - now I can do it!!!!

Then I relapsed a few times and begin to think I really have no hope whatsoever I cant even go a week even with all this support.

So I started to think I really shouldn't be in this site as my failures are not going to help anyone else.

Now I have read this thread and first of all - please don't leave you have clearly made some great progress and helped many others. Also, seeing all the friendly comments, helpful advice and pleas for you to stay - makes me think maybe I should stay too.

Isn't that what this site is for - to help those who are struggling? Thanks to this thread I can see it clearly is so I am going to stick around and hopefully my "aha" moment will arrive sooner - or at least one day - which would be much less likely if I went it alone.

Please post back in here when you feel ready - we all miss you and will be so happy to see you back and to help you as you have helped us.

Pumpkin x
Old 11-10-2010, 11:10 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Echoing that Ooops - somehow missed out there were two pages here so only just seen the link from Dee - its great you are staying around - I will leave my post as I said it because some of it is still valid.

x
Old 11-10-2010, 11:17 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Pumpkin Soup,

Thanks for your reply and I'm glad you're sticking around also.

You're so right, that's exactly why we're here, to help one another and share our journey; good, bad and ugly as it may be. You've helped make my day a special one just by letting us know this thread helped you. It sure helped me tons and I'm proud you are here with all of us!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:56 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

wow...

this post brings me to tears, so much love and understanding...

Im, new but from reading above even if you relapse your valued and understood on here. I don't know about everyone else but I will take having a great deal more of good sobor days than not, even if I slip. In your post where you are giving up people are finding solice.

Best Wishes!
Old 11-11-2010, 02:01 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

one more good thing, each time you get more practice stopping, get better more familar...easier each time...
Old 11-11-2010, 02:47 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Firestorm.

AmIReady - I hope to not keep having to practise the giving up thing and that I will get there eventually, soon, I have learned so much from this website and one thing I cannot deny to myself ever again is that I am definately an alcoholic so if anything at all I have that acceptance under my belt.

Now I just have to get the bit that I should not drink ever again into my thick skull - although I know it harms me I still tell myself I can drink sometimes. I dont know if "I am ready" (how ironic is that) to say 100% honestly hand on heart that I will never drink again - I fully understand the one day at a time thing but as I read somewhere else in here someone posted that for them it has to be FOREVER - in chunks of one day or hour at a time but still FOREVER. Thats the bit that at the moment I am unable to drill home.

This thread has possibly saved my life because I really was considering leaving. To know that despite my failures so far people are still willing to help me certainly gives me enough encouragement to keep on trying.

Thank you all.

Pumpkin x