Notices

24 hours

Old 11-08-2010, 10:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

24 hours

Woo hoo, I have gone 24 hours since my last drink!

My body is still working overtime getting rid of the toxins.
I had 2 showers today but I still stink.
Not just a sweaty type of stink but a really bad vile stink...Yuck!

I have managed to eat somewhat healthy today, took a vitimin b and a multi, and drank lots of gatorade to rehydrate.
And I DIDNT DRINK ANY ALCHOHL

I also feel pretty confident that I not going to end up with any seizures or DT's Thank God! My hands still have a slight tremble and I don't know if my brain will shut down enough tonight to get a somewhat proper sleep.....so I might be reading up on here all night!!

So I'm now moving on to the next 24 hours!!
Anyone who is still drinking and struggling is welcome to join me...if I can do this anybody can...and I'm sure we can help each other out.
Good luck everyone!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your first day down Hooped

D
Old 11-08-2010, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job just get past those first few days and you will start feeling a lot better. Keep busy, change your routine, get some exercise and consume some nutritious foods. When your in our position your so use to functioning in a hungover state that you almost forget how great it feels to be sober. Addicts have very short memories just remind yourself how you feel when your stuck in a bottle and youll never want to go back. Its the most liberating feeling when your not under the watch of your drinking self. Having to worry about what and when your going to drink consumes your whole day especially when your coming up on your regularly scheduled drinking times. Just keep at it and read as much as you can on this site, its truly inspiring. Other people have been in your situation and have made it through. You can do it too!! All the best

dt3
Old 11-09-2010, 12:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good work. I know you know what's going on so I won't say anything but: BEST WISHES. Take care of yourself and let's look forward to the day we're free of this shyte.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you! The first few days can be rough, that's for sure, but the more days you rack up, the easier and better it gets and the better you'll feel.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Hooped...

I had 20 days under my belt and the last night made the decision to drink... and here I am back on Day 1... waiting for my sponser to call. Knowing that this is something I want so badly... and I messed up. Doesn't mean I have to do it today.

I am on the Wagon with ya! Let's keep each other accountable!
Old 11-09-2010, 05:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hooped,

I quit 29 days ago and was a massive binge drinker. Was real worried about withdrawal. By noon on my first day I had walked into an AA meeting and was sweating and shaking. When I got home I got cold sweats and shivers and shakes. Curled up in a ball with a blanket for 2 days. Sweated thru many sets of clothes. Finally ate on day 2.5 and continued to eat like a pig. My wife stayed near me to watch over me in case we needed to go to hospital if I seized. I shoulda been under doctor care.

By day 4 things began to change, pounding vitamin B multi's, water etc, tons of food and I started feeling really great. Day 5 I went to the gym, awesome. Day 7 I was a new human and began to love this sober thing.

Now 4 weeks sober my body has changed, my skin looks great, I look younger, you can see the whites of my eyes, the wife says I dont look like a drunk anymore. Sleep? It is amazing, I have dreams! Years since I remember dreams. Life is freaking awesome.

You never have to drink again. It is so worth it. Life is actually life. I am human again and loving it. Thanks AA and SR! You guys can do it. One day becomes one week and after a while you feel so good you cant believe it. Stay strong.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

32 hours now no booze....
Day 2 unfolds
Managed to sleep for a few restless hours last night.
Today is better than yesterday for sure.
Thanks everyone....gotta go curl up in a ball again and try and get some more rest.
No drinking for Hooped today! Just for today.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome job Hooped Keep it up
Old 11-09-2010, 07:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fantastic hooped, I'm really rooting for you x
Old 11-09-2010, 10:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I said you'd make and you have!

There will be some speed bumps but no brick walls in your way.

Thanks for joining us on this journey.