Notices

meant to be

Old 11-07-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

meant to be

Day 5, last night i got the urge to go to chuch today, something i have not done for years, so i went to my old local chuch to find it was there last service as it was closing, there was also communion something again i have not taken in many years, the service itself was about change and challanges, i just sat there thinking how fitting, maybe my higher power is still something i want to guide me. Doing well ,taking part in plenty of AA meetings average 2 a day, would love to find a sponsor. Thanks to all for my initial introduction, My partner has spoke to me now but extremly strained, my daughters are another story. One day at a time.

Nawneet xxx
Old 11-07-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 5 is great Nawneet - keep it up.

D
Old 11-07-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great news! It WAS meant to be. Good for you for taking more action to help your sobriety.

I have re-found church myself, and find so uplifting. I felt like a changed person (well, I AM!) after mass today.

Good work, keep it up!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Nawneet,
Good for you! Perhaps your family members might consider a trip to an alanon meeting too? I know probably too early for that, but day 5 is proof that you can do tomorrow too, and then be on day six, but it is too early to think about tomorrow. Today sounds very special and I am enjoying it too as today is special for me too. Why? Because I did not drink another day. I like to think that all alcohol has an expiration or best used by date like foods. And I like to think that all alcohol expired on my quit date, and is stale and nasty. I think that is a fun thought to have. I've also got a lot to learn and do, but that all takes time, and sobriety to accomplish, with the help of our HP whoever she may be for each, of course. Thank you for sharing and being honest with yourself, just be easy on yourself and as things get better they get clearer. Things do get better, we just have to do our part and let go while we do.

5 days. That is just great!