Notices

Tested on Day 70..

Old 11-07-2010, 12:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tested on Day 70..

Day 70, Well...I went to a surprise birthday party tonight for one of my very best friends. It was a mexican restaurant that served alcohol. On top of my social anxiety, we had to be there 1/2 hr before she came. I had 2 diet cokes in 30 minutes. my husband and I stayed for about 2 hours of the party. Almost everyone was drinking except for my husband and I. This was a major trigger for me and was so difficult. I should have stayed home, but this was such a huge deal for her and I really needed to be there. So I made it thru, but Im so scared that I will obsess about it. I put myself in a dangerous situation. I guess i feel better already just letting this out. I need to let it go now..I am safe..and sober.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done! That is one tough challenge, I know. When I have been sober before I have been to events where everyone is drinking and it's hard.

I also found it very dull (but if I was drinking, I would have had a 'great' time) and sad when drunken people kept talking rubbish to me. But I felt so left out and weird for not drinking and I think I decided after that to start again.

Well done again...but don't put yourself in too many situations like that. Your sobriety is so precious.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you didn't cave in. When you have more sober time under your belt these types of events probably won't be so stressful. I know for me, once I 'turned the corner' and no longer wanted to drink, it doesn't matter what's going on around me as I'm a non drinker - period!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
31/10/10

Well done! I hope this has further strengthend you!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Rather that obsess about what might have been....how about celebrating the fact that you came through it sober! Good for you!