Notices

Staying power,Guile, Tact, Direction...

Old 11-06-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Staying power,Guile, Tact, Direction...

Was thinking about this today, havin come back from a recent relapse, after for me a pretty decent run of sobriety...like a good few months, which had up until the event been never acheived by me, then a small relapse, not too long, Days..but full on with a vengence Drinking..nevertheless the way it throws you emotionally, as well as physically, your knocked for six...so back on the run of healthy living, Drink free..4 weeks in, a pumped up mental attitude Vigilant on guard..Overly cautious of placing myself in High risk situations, so early on again, but having been through the fall out of relapse, and all the negativity that goes with it, a new Determination is born, one that requires a little more tact, a lil more easy going mentally, a little more oversight, understanding of the circumstances situations that are liable to trigger me to drink again..what with works parties, christmas, new year, there are plenty of drinking events, which ive always paticipated in, which are all going to need carefull re,planning, and alternative pastimes put in place, to safeguard now, what i really wish to hold onto..just thought id share..thanks.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear you sounding so positive KB

D
Old 11-06-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Stayin with it,this time round!

I love this!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

You're right, Kerb - and thanks for the reminder that it takes forethought and planning to get through the temptations, especially at this time of year. I'm thinking about buying some really expensive fizzy drinks or sparking grape juice and taking it with me for the family Thanksgiving celebration.

It's so nice thinking about not having any hangovers during the holidays this year.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yes me 2 Artsoul, looking to buy, some of them expensive Fizzy Bubbly Drinks, and a lot of like Mulled spice, Ginger Liquers, a Few special little numbers, so as not to feel left out, Will even go as far as some Zero N/A beers all stocked up as coping tools to get through tough times, as well as Treats for special occassions so you dont have to be in awkward situs, forward planning..
Old 11-07-2010, 01:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Agggghhhh Mulled wine on xmas eve!! I love that and it's my little ritual.

Although I have just remembered that I was hungover xmas morning and drank the rest of the wine at about 10am...hidden in a mug so my kids wouldn't know. Oh god... I am sat cringing at that memory.

It's weird, I was here on this site this time last year, thinking I can do this...
Old 11-07-2010, 01:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Done that too crisplover most christmas,s started boozing wine first thing in the morn..as its one of the few times your ok to booze from dawn till dusk..prob was ussually crashed after lunch only to miss the other half of the day..this yr though fully complis mentis...will get to see it sober and enjoy...for a nice change.