Notices

3 trys a charm

Old 11-06-2010, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 trys a charm

This is my 3rd attempt to gaining the life I envision for myself. No more missing work, losing friends, losing money, bruises or tears.

I have found someone I want to be with, and although i'm ultimately getting sober for me he's a reason as well. Because when I look out the window to a beautiful fall day, I know I want to make a life with that person.

This is day two and I feel terrible but i'm going to make it to a meeting today and then hopefully again tonight. And then....I'm going to have to call my manager and try and get my job back. eek.

Thanks
JK
Old 11-06-2010, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're here and that you recognize that you need to change your life.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dear SoberintheCity,

Well done on your 2 days sober! Take it one day at a time - I'm sure you can do it!!

Big hugs,

Almath

Old 11-06-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! Glad you're trying again to kick this nasty habit and turn your life around.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your two days - that's huge and you should be proud of yourself. So sorry you're feeling lousy, I know exactly what that's like. Please take care of yourself over the next few days as you recover...drink plenty of water, get enough rest, and spend as much time here on SR and at meetings as you can. And have some sweets on hand - one of my old sponsors recommended keeping a bag of chocolate chips in the freezer and grabbing a few if a craving hit or if I just wanted to feel a little better from the endorphins chocolate generates.

Let us know how it goes...we're with you 100%!

Stephanie
Old 11-06-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

D
Old 11-06-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I'll be doing it one day at a time with you and everybody else. Let us know how you are doing every day!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you're determined to get sober - it sounds like you have a lot to live for. Get all the support you can - hope you begin to feel better in a day or two.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR SoberintheCity
Old 11-06-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

End of the day.... made it! Right now the only real problem i'm having is my face which is almost like leather, anyone experience that? Bright red and very dry, and then the uncomfortable uneasiness of the days to come.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberintheCity View Post
End of the day.... made it! Right now the only real problem i'm having is my face which is almost like leather, anyone experience that? Bright red and very dry, and then the uncomfortable uneasiness of the days to come.
Oh my God, yes. I'd forgotten about that. The last time I drank the skin on my face was all dry and peeling. I'd also gotten so dehydrated I developed a bladder infection. It gets better, though...all of it.

If you're not doing a medically supervised detox, you might want to invest in a box or two of Celestial Seasons Sleepytime Extra tea. It has all kinds of calming herbs that help you relax/sleep. Hang in there!
Old 11-12-2010, 01:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

WHAT EVER YOU DID TODAY, DO AGAIN TOMORROW! Promise it gets easier!!!! Congrats and keep going, have faith and ask for help!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 01:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Debbie

D
Old 11-12-2010, 01:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

Originally Posted by stephnc View Post
And have some sweets on hand - one of my old sponsors recommended keeping a bag of chocolate chips in the freezer and grabbing a few if a craving hit or if I just wanted to feel a little better from the endorphins chocolate generates.
I can understand the candy. Our bodies naturally metabolize alcohol into sugar. Hence when you munch on sweets during a craving you are sort of satisfying your bodies craving.