Notices

I blew it

Old 11-04-2010, 11:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ShanChuy

I blew it

Hello everyone,

Well after a long struggle and then a short sucess. I blew it. I gave in to that bottle. I am very sad and discouraged. I know better than this. I know I can never drink again and always be a recovering alcohilic. I honestly dont even know what to say. Im so upset with myself. I was doing so good. How did that happen? What can I do to be stronger than "it"? Any suggestions? I almost made it a whole month. 26 Days. I know I can beat this. I need encouragement. I shouldnt but I do.... Im so irritated with myself right now...

Old 11-04-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Shanchuy,

I am so sorry you are struggling and having a hard time. For me it wasn't a question of being stronger than it but rather a "letting go". It is also a lot of work, on yourself that is, and dealing with whatever issues were caused by the drinking or which caused the drinking.

Try to view this as a learning opportunity instead of beating yourself up.

hugs!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Try something different this time. Learn from your relapse and forgive yourself then move forward again.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congratulations on your 26 days!

You relapsed and came back!

So now that you know you can, reread Lafemme and Least's posts over and over until you are ready to start again with the lesson learned about relapse. I am on my first try with 43 days today. Not easy, just a day at a time. Reading relapse posts does scare me a bit. But that is a good thing. Going into this, detox and AA and here has been the most frightening thing I ever did, had it not been for my HP and my family by birth, and my family here and at AA. I sure wish I had done it once before and made it to 26 days so I knew I could do it! I didn't think I could quit for one day let alone stay quit. That has changed and the more I read posts like yours, that are hard to do for you, maybe you'll keep me from having to start all over again. Thanks for reminding me not to take my days for granted.

I look forward to seeing your days add up once more with your newfound knowledge of how to not do that again. Forgive yourself, but never forget yourself.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Shannon

Most of us fell a time or two.

Try looking at it not as a failure, but as 26 days of living the right way for yourself - what you need to do now is dust yourself off, look at what happened and why, and work out what you need to add to your personal programme now to keep that way of life going for good.

Welcome back
D
Old 11-04-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What Dee said! Do you have a program? If so, you may need to modify part of it.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Shannon

Sorry that you relapsed. I tried that for awhile - beating alcohol. It never worked.

Finally, I just had to walk away from the whole thing.

And don't beat yourself up. As Thomas Edison said: I've never failed. I've just found 1000 ways that don't work.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kristin

Hey babe! You did good telling someone. I see that you want this to work. My advice is to get to a meeting talk about it get a sponsor work the steps.
Prayer, meditation and constantly working on yourself
I have 63 days today. I have relapsed in the past and learned from them. I see now that i have to be willing to do anything.
put your sobriety first so you can make it last
muah
kristin
Old 11-04-2010, 03:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Shannon, sorry to hear you slipped, but it's great that you're trying to get back up.

I know before my current career-best stretch of 7 months without the booze, I had stints of a month, 5 weeks, and I think a couple stretches of nearly a week. I also had infinite stints of < 1 day, as I would constantly tell myself in the morning that I would never drink again, only to be plastered later that evening.

AA helps me and millions of others. Are you involved in any type of recovery program? Thanks for being here!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Shan,I was on day 4 and blew it - you have done so well and can do it again - im back to day 1 again tomorrow too - at least you can say you went a good long slog - parts of you must be recovering from the break - bits of me will be falling off soon if I cant be as strong as you - and not the bits I want! Best of luck to you.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ShanChuy

Come on DebbieG.... Lets do this together!!! I think we all need a little extra support. Thats why we are here right!!! Hang in there. Ill check on you tomorrow!!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure you need to be stronger.

For me, I had to accept that drinking was no longer an option, then my mind began to find other ways to deal with stuff.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You go girls!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Debbie and Shannon...reading your support of each other has reminded me how hugely helpful I found the threads in the newcomers daily support section right below this section. It starts worship people with less than two weeks recovery and increases from there. There is something so helpful about being in a thread where everyone is in the same place mentally. I'm sorry I can't post a link but I'm on my phone.