Notices

Class of November 2010

Old 11-02-2010, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Class of November 2010

I hope nobody minds that I've taken the liberty to create this thread since I haven't seen one for the new month yet. I've noticed quite a few new people like me with only a few days sober and thought that while, technically, my first day sober was Oct 31, I fit more into the November group and they might feel the same.

So welcome everyone. This can be a place for all of us newbies to meet and keep in touch and most importantly stay on track with our sobriety

Emma
Old 11-02-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's always terrific when someone starts a new month thread
thanks Emma

D
Old 11-02-2010, 09:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Emma,
Great idea 2 start this Nov thread! Been a long productive sober day...but i am beat...need sleep 4 a productive sober day 2moro. Day 5 here i come!!!
Carlos
Old 11-03-2010, 02:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
31/10/10

Hi Emma, excellent idea - thanks for creating this group!

I'm mid 30 and want sobriety instead of the shame and guilt I have been carrying around with me for the last few years. The vague (sometimes clear) feeling that there is only one answer for me, and that is to quit drinking. I'm still struggling with the idea but trying hard to take it day by day.

take care, class!
vee
Old 11-03-2010, 02:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

I'm having a hard day today... feeling pretty depressed. All I want to do is lay in bed all day long and hide from the world. And on top of that, I would kill for a drink. Day 4 is just not my day. But I'm gonna be strong. I hope everyone elses day is going much much better

Emma
Old 11-03-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Heya guys. I relapsed again and big time on Halloween. Had a party and stayed up til 7 drinking and using. I'm happy to be back here and alive. Having a hard time with depression myself, Emma. I've been sick the past few days and in bed mostly. Let's hang in there. <3
Old 11-03-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

J

Glad to hear I'm not alone. I think a lot of people really struggled with Halloween. I'm sorry that you relapsed but I'm glad that you came right back here. Like you said, let's just hang in there. I'm usually lurking around here most of the day, so let me know if you need anything <3

Emma
Old 11-03-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just knowing I'm not alone is a help. Thank you. <3

I would like to hear some people's experience and hope on getting through the depression and self-pity that can become too all consuming in early sobriety.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back jhay - and sorry you're having a rough time emma.

I hung out here a lot in the early days - reading and posting, helping others helped take me out of myself and my misery.

One of the best things I read here was to live in today - the past is gone, however much we wish it was different...the only day we can really affect is today.

The first few days are rough - but they were no rougher than the drunken life I was living before that. You guys can do this

D
Old 11-03-2010, 05:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
31/10/10

Thanks all for sharing. I must remember that it's better to feel a little depressed and confused (as I am feeling now) than nursing a bad hangover and the shame with it.

I enjoyed tea and cake and a book yesterday afternoon. I used to drink a glass of wine while reading and then lose focus and concentration.... This was much better.

As long as we don't drink today we will be happier tomorrow (and today).

Vee
Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good to see you here Emma!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I had a busy day and missed my new addiction to checking this site...just 26 minutes until day 6...it is sooo nice to know that i have new friends that "get this" struggle...let's keep this momentum Nov gang.

We need a name for this Nov team....hummm, ????, i shall sleep on it...nite all!!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hi guys and Gals............been around for awhile...................trying to get out of my bad ways,,,,,,,,,,,,,plz help
Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey VC - good to see you.

You know you'll get all the support you need here
whats the plan?

D
Old 11-04-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good morning guys. Just wanted to pop in and say hey. I'm trying to wake up. My plan is to make a noon meeting and then I work from 2:30-10:30. Hope everyone has a good, safe day. My spirits are more lifted than the past few days, but I have a problem with irritability at work. I don't like being around huge crowds of people and I work in a bookstore. I will try to hide in my sections and shelf :P and pray for mindfulness and the ability to let go.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey all,
I'm on board for a sober November. I last had a drink on 31st october but technically that drink turned into a two day binge, a blackout and has led me here.
I'm focused on a day at a time, the month will fly by! Motivated by the prospect of looking and feeling great for the holiday period. Good luck all!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello all

I have been reading the posts here for a while,but this my first post. I have been sober since 11/1... and would like to join the November group.I am very new to this (message boards in general) so I'm not really sure if this is where I should be introducing myself. Anyway like I said this is day 4 for me and I was invited to meeting tomorrow.The problem is it is a group I have never heard of and so far have not seen mentioned here.It is called Reformers Unanimous,was just wondering if anyone has attended any of there meetings if so how was it?Are they as good as AA? Any info would be helpful as I am really really nervous about going.

Thank You, 5brats
Old 11-04-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've never heard of it either, but googled it and found this. (if link is not permitted, please remove it)

Addiction Treatment Program - Recovery Classes - Drug and Alcohol Rehab - Addiction Treatment Program - Recovery Classes - Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Old 11-04-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone!

I'm on board for a sober November, too. I'm on day twelve, and feeling much better than I did a week ago--both physically and in attitude. Count me in, I'll need the support, too, even though this is not my first time getting sober. After a few false starts, I finally "got it" and proceeded to put together 4+ years... and then I relapsed for nine months. So now I'm back.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can't get that link to open for me least - as long as it's not commercial, it should be ok.

welcome to all you new guys
D