Old 11-11-2010, 07:16 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear Carlos

D
Old 11-11-2010, 07:24 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Great job, Carlos!

Is everybody ready for the weekend? I thought my weeks 1 and 2 were going great this time around since I had no physical withdrawal symptoms. Today is my day 11 and I've noticed that I keep getting really angry. Thankfully I'm only self-destructive, even when I'm angry at others! It's weird because I've been so grateful for my friends and everyone I know, but other people and things are making me truly angry, not just irritated. Tonight I want a drink so badly.

Since 11 days feels like an eternity, I've convinced myself I don't have a problem. I feel silly even posting here. This weekend will be really difficult for me if I want to stay sober.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:33 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
MMN

5 days sober today:-) Feels better than I thought but I sure wish I had a map for the next 12 months
Old 11-11-2010, 10:06 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd make a fortune selling those maps...if they existed LOL

D
Old 11-12-2010, 05:56 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Well the meeting last night was uplifting and valuable for me. Some members I'd met 8 months ago were going steady (15 year chip for one) but one or two I'd been thinking about were not doing at all well. It came as a bit of a shock. It underlined to me the true value of fellowship both here on SR and face to face in my local community.

I'm still not sure I'm an AA person but I'll go back again next week. How are you finding it so far VeeTee?

MMN - congrats on the 5 days, glad your feeling better already
WatchTheSky - oh yes, weekend plans involving cooking and fireworks
Carlos - good job spotting your AV in time - amazingly powerful isn't it...

Good luck to everyone. I will not drink today.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

now going into day 3 myself... had a vicoden habit for 4 years. Going CT to feel the withdrawals... so it can help me want to stay clean.

Hope everyone is doing well today...
Old 11-12-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Well this is probably the 10th attempt to quit since I first posted here in March. I really want this! Hoping to keep my new Sober date of November 11, 2010 (Veteran's Day). LOVE waking up without a hangover. I am SO much more productive at work and that feels awesome! Day 2....
Old 11-12-2010, 01:53 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Thanks for the welcomes and support.
Hope you are all planning a great weekend.
I will struggle tomorrow night.............My youngest daughter is leaving home tomorrow.........I can feel myself starting to bottle up my emotions until she is gone...then it will all come pouring out. I do not plan on drinking to cope with this.....but I know it's going to be a very upsetting day and night. It will be a real test, as although I am 46, emotionally I am still about 15 and I don't 'do' emotions.

I don't know if it's just me......but I have been tearful all week...when I'm tired, when I'm glad, when I'm feeling love, when I'm angry...I'm like a walking emotional timebomb...Whew......It's been hard going.

Anyhow an early night is on the cards tonight, hope you all have a good nights sleep too x
Old 11-12-2010, 01:58 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Well done brighter day and good luck - enjoy your hangover free day tomorrow (or today or yesterday depending where you are in the world).

I should make one of my new sober plans to be aware of time differences if im gonna stick around on this site!

Pumpkin x
Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Ohhh stayinfree - I feel for you and can fully understand why you are feeling upset. Its not happened to me yet but one day my kids will leave the nest - another reason for me to get stronger. Thanks for your post and big hugs xxx
Old 11-12-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back BRIGHTERDAY

D
Old 11-13-2010, 06:18 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
31/10/10

Hi All,
I went to a Saturday Evening AA meeting. How am I finding it... hmm. I think it's the right place for me - I need this focus and reminder and place where I feel I am made accountable. Although I am not - I need to do this for myself - but knowing that I will go to the meeting in a few days makes me stronger.

Today was a "tough boy" meeting with all these people sharing about having the jitters. Well, I didn't, but I'm still an alcoholic. And I still learnt something from their sharing..

I have just read this great book on alcoholism : Under the Influence. It was recommended here. It has excellent information on how the alcoholic body handles alcohol differently. It has helped me understand my situation. And after reading it I can say: Yes - I am an alcoholic. And it's OK.

too tired to think straighter than this at the moment. I am needing so much sleep.

Saying good night to day 15
vee
Old 11-13-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Googling that book now VeeTee.

xx
Old 11-13-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
MrX

Joining the November group

Hi all. This is day 3 for me following a DUI. Now I find myself facing greater challenges than I did when drinking. MUCH greater. I hope to find strength from you all.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Welcome MrX - good to have you on board.

The support available here is amazing - tough times or not, you're in the right place. Congrats on Day 3!
Old 11-13-2010, 08:08 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Day 5 for me! This is my first Saturday morning without a hangover in years! I woke up at 7 and took a couple of my frineds to the airport for their Honeymoon. Made me feel good to do that favor, and it was one that I could not have imagined doing if I were still drinking. I am a little anxious for the day, as I usually spend every Saturday at the bar watching football from 12-12. Gonna be a little different today though. I made a pot of Chili and invited my neighbor and his two sons to join me to watch the games. Best of luck to everyone on this gorgeous Saturday!
Old 11-13-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Welcome and good luck to the newcomers! xxx
Old 11-13-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mr X
Welcome

D
Old 11-13-2010, 03:30 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Just made it through day 5 (well technically 5 and a half as I quit at noon on Monday when the Vodka ran out!!)

I have tried loads of times before but this time I don't have any targets - except the "No alcohol today" target.

Actually it seems so much more achievable when all I need to do is manage to get through the rest of today.

Anyway, it's great to be joining the November group!
Old 11-13-2010, 03:34 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to you too NoAlcoholToday

D