Notices

Class of November 2010

Old 11-06-2010, 02:58 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good Morning November Gang...
WOW, Day #8 sober. I still remember last Saturday morning...albeit much later that 5:30AM that i woke up. All i wanted was gallons of H2O and diet soda, and as much greasy food as i could consume...a pattern that continued throughout the day. Today, following a brief walk, it will be a bowl of multi-grain cheerios topped with granola, blueberries and soy milk accompanied by a cup of tea. It is disgusting to think of the state that my life was in just one week ago. Hey, i'm far from the mountain top today (like really-really far)...but at least i'm pointed in the right direction.
It was sooo nice to wake up and have this site in my life. Here's 2 a fun and productive Saturday 2 all!
Carlos
ps...and by the way...I WILL NOT DRINK 2DAY!!!!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent...Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-06-2010, 03:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Feeling a little guilty today. I was out with friends last night. I drank a few non-alcoholic beers but later in the night had one regular beer. Although it's not a big deal really I'm trying to get a period of total abstinence under my belt. Another night that one beer might have turned into two or three etc etc....Have family plans tonight so no worries about drinking then. Next weekend will be the next big test as I think i can manage not drinking during the week ok. How is everyone else getting along???
Old 11-06-2010, 03:37 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey Pete...
I must admit that i got this chill when i read your post. The last time i tried one drink, on 9/12. it resulted in the loss of one of the most precious gifts in my life at that time...followed by seven weeks in hell.
Honestly, i'm not trying, nor am i qualified to give any advise...just wrote how reading your post made me feel.
Carlos
Old 11-06-2010, 03:53 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'd like to join this November group if I may please - I found this site on 1st November so it seems apt.

I have already made acquaintance with a few of you in here but for those I haven't I am on day 2 (again), 2nd day 2 this month but very happy to be hangover free on a Saturday morning. I made it to day 4 then had a blip due to stress at work but thanks to finding this site I went straight back to trying yesterday and have made it to day 2 so I am grateful for that. Normally I would have thought now I have blown it I may as well carry on for a while - which would have culminated in a massive bender and if I survived it the hangover horrors which make me wish I hadnt survived.

Its time for a change and starting day 1 on a Friday is a massive change for me - it signifies a real change in thinking habits (weekend = drink) so I hope I can keep it up.

Got a bit of sadness going on today for other reasons - not sure how to deal with it - block it out I guess - thats the only thing I can think of that will work at the moment - to keep me safe - to keep me sober today. Any other suggestions most welcome. I will be checking in here later.

Well done to you all.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:59 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Pumpkin Soup

D
Old 11-06-2010, 04:01 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Pete

I'm not trying to make you feel bad either - but it was always 'just one drink' that got me hooked again.

Maybe not the first time, sometimes even the second...but, if anything, that made me cocky...eventually the inevitable happened, y'know?

D
Old 11-06-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Unless something unforeseen and quite drastic would happen, i feel quite certain that i will have enjoyed my 8th day sober at midnight...in a row too! (just kidding) Anyway, i know that my desire and resolve was strong last Saturday morning, and i'm rather certain that i would be enjoying this bliss with or without this site...but i must say that it sure has been something rather special to take this journey with so many new friends that share this struggle.
Thank you and my best to all of you!!
Carlos
ps...Itchy, so what is our vehicle of choice 4 2moro in soberville?
Old 11-06-2010, 06:50 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi Novembers, may I join you? I'm on day 7. Having a hard time tonight because it's Saturday and I'm sitting in my dorm room alone "trying to do homework", which really means just sulking about how I'm not drunk.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Welcome WTS...
Congrats on the 7 days!. I'm certain that I needed this site wayyyy back when i was in college. It took me until I was 36yo to finally admit my alcoholism. Maybe it was my ex-wife picking me up from jail for a dwi holding our newborn that woke me up then. Anyway, I was able to string 11 sober years together at that point. You are so together & fortunate to be seeking help now!
Think about how great you will be feeling tomorrow morning vs the rest of ur gang!! As silly as it may seem...for me anyway...not feeling like crap in the morning is actually a driving force.
Good luck & i look 4ward to keeping in touch & sober with you!!!
Carlos
Old 11-06-2010, 07:43 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome WTS
D
Old 11-06-2010, 10:00 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thanks! Carlos, feeling good in the morning is a huge motivator for me to stay sober too. I like that even when I don't get much sleep, I can predict how good or bad I'll feel. I can ask myself "How well can I function tomorrow on ___ hours of sleep?" instead of trying to calculate "How well can I function tomorrow on ___ hours of sleep factoring in ___ drinks? Wait, I had how many?"

Also, I'm feeling much less agitated and bitter than I was when I posted earlier. Curling up on my bed hugging my empty handle of rum calmed me down tremendously. Yes, I recognize that's really pathetic and I should throw that thing away!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:28 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
31/10/10

Hi All and welcome WTS.
I went to my first AA Meeting today which was emotionally bumpy but gave me a lot of hope. It just felt good to be around people who have experienced what I am experiencing now and to see that there is a happy sober life out there.

Feeling very hopeful now
Vee
Old 11-07-2010, 02:39 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Sorry I've been absent, all! I've been trying to read the last few Harry Potter's before the movie comes out, ON MY BIRTHDAY!!! lol. I'm probably a bit too old for it, but at least it's not twilight, right Anyway, glad to see everyone's doing well. The weekends are always hard. Hope everyone made it through <3

Emma
Old 11-07-2010, 05:56 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Well I flunked the class of September but I've raked over the coals and will put it down as a learning experience.

So gang, please can I have a seat here? Lot's of challenges ahead this week and I could do with your support.

Thanks in anticipation, Forwards.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Of course! It's great that you're coming back!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:11 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Feeling great today! The past week has been my first sober one in years! Sunday is so much better waking up fresh. Enjoyed a lovely lunch and now relaxing for the afternoon. Hopefully can string a few more weeks together. I'm confident I can if I take it one day at a time.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just bumping this....

Welcome to all you new guys
D
Old 11-07-2010, 06:46 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hopefully MY LAST Sobriety Date iS: ~11/2/10~

5 days and counting!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome LLG

D
Old 11-09-2010, 02:46 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi LLG - sorry its gone all quiet in this thread - hopefully this will bump it alive again. You look like you're doing really well.