Notices

Class of November 2010

Old 12-11-2010, 02:26 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coop1 View Post
Morning class, chalk up another Saturday with no hangover.
How amazing is it! I find it kinda funny in a way how excited I am by waking up in the morning and not feeling like sh!t. Anyway, the point is that it's great, this sobriety business.

Glad you're all doing well class. I've been pretty busy but I've been reading all your posts this past week, and I'm stoked with how well everyone is getting on. Here I had dinner with the family last night (wine everywhere). The worst part was that my sister asked me to pick up the wine on the way! That was one of the toughest challenges so far - how I used to enjoy standing in the shop in front of all that wine and anticipating the night ahead. Anyway, once they were in their brown paper bags, everything was cool - didn't even crave it that much at dinner, just kept thinking of all the evilness associated with that one first glass.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone, and keep up the good work!

Si
Old 12-11-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Hi Class - reporting in!

All good - friday nights work party (all food and drink supplied free) went well. Two cokes and took lots of photos. I must admit I didn't have time or patience with those that got smashed - coming up and trying to have a conversation was no fun at all. But a great night. 2 hours of dancing too - can't dance and drink.

Joecree - I also went to the movies with my 11 yo son - we did the chips (fries) and chocolate milkshake first (and discussed whether it had any of the desired food groups) and then off to the latest Narnia. Half way though the movie he put his hand on my hand. Very moving - I can't be doing too bad a job.

Si23 - know what you mean re: getting up without feeling wasted. I got up this morning (Sunday) at 6am! I'm writing this at 7am.
What a test -"can you pick up the wine on the way over?" I would have found this quite difficult (I think). The "little voice" might have raised it's ugly head and started talking to me. Well done on getting through this and the night.

Welcome Marcia36 - 2 weeks!!!

I haven't seen Mayson28 post for quite a few days - I hope everything is okay.

Everyone else, you sound rock solid! Way to go! May the strength to be with everyone.

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ok pack your bags people

500 posts means Part 2 & a move to our Daily Support Forum

the November class continues here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2793976

D