Notices

Starting again

Old 11-02-2010, 08:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Debbie welcome! Hang around and good stuff rubs off on ya! I stay here and some days post a lot, and mainly most days just read and feel that heck if they can do it I can keep doing it too.

I also do AA. Just twice a week but I am addicted to the great folks here as well.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome Debbie,

Sounds like you're making friends already, so add me to the list.
D
Old 11-02-2010, 08:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Debbie!

I'm on day 3 myself. I know for me, it's been a real struggle. I'm glad you came here looking for help. I know you asked about the chat rooms and I recommend them. Just last night I was up until 4 am chatting. And I even get responses to posts I make in the middle of the night. There seems to always be someone around, which I found really refreshing. Like you, I like the option to come here and talk to someone "live" when I'm feeling an urge. Best of luck to you! Let me know if you ever need someone to chat with, we're all friendly around here

Emma
Old 11-02-2010, 08:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Debbie...Congrats on ur day...soon i complete day 4. The fog is lifting and that has been a trigger 4 me as well in the past. 2moro i will remember how great 2day was, workout, work my tony robbins program, review my list of what i am thankful for...and remember how i felt last saturday...then commit 2 not drink 4 the day and improve my life by at least 1%.
The Best...Carlos
Old 11-02-2010, 09:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Debbie - good to have you with us. I know what you mean about wanting a drink once you feel good again. But just come here instead. I did that quite a bit the first few weeks and it made all the difference. Life seems a little disjointed and strange for a bit, but it's like starting any new thing - it takes time to get adjusted (and our brains and bodies are healing). So be patient with it and remember to take it a day at a time.

Hope to see you around!
Old 11-02-2010, 11:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Debbie

Welcome to SR.... yep, i would be one of those Aussies that is hanging around when most of you are generally sleeping

This is definitely the place to be if you want support to stop drinking. I look forward to following your journey
Old 11-03-2010, 01:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh my word this is such a wonderful inspiration thank you all again so much for your comments and for welcoming me so warmly.

I see lots of others just starting their path like me and look forward to seeing them again, hopefully like me, happily reporting on another day without any poison.

Just starting day 3, feel so much better - the devil will reappear tonight on the way home from work for sure tellling me how can it be that bad if I feel so much better already - I have an imaginary gun to fire at him and will be rushing home to get my fix on here later - I cannot imagine anything more inspiring than all these people wishing me well and giving their wonderful bits of advice, also the thought of getting through the early days with others in the same boat so we can gee each other along.

I just wish I had more time to browse around in here and have a go at the chat. It will definately be something I will be doing at the weekends. Especially those when I dont have the kids (every other weekend) which are my most dangerous as its almost like I impel myself to drink when they are not here - and I deliberately drink from when I get in from work on a Friday, sometimes without sleeping, until often the early hours on Sunday morning, then on Sunday feeling like a wreck I try to force drink down me to just be able to cope then on Monday, whilst I am probably lucky to be alive, I feel like death and like I deserve to die. Now I have this written down, in public as well, I can come back here on one of those Fridays and if I have a single brain cell it should stop me from starting that horrible cycle again.

Today is going to be a good day - by tomorrow things will be more organised for my daughters when they go off to school, a bit of the house will look better than it did before, I will perform better at work and I will be stable enough to be able to plan ahead a bit - even if that just means planning meals a few days in advance so I have everything in or starting on the ironing pile that has been growing for months!

I have proved to myself over and over that I cant drink normally despite really wanting to so I have to let that go now - I've kicked the arse out of it for years and its time to say enough is enough and to try and regain some normality in what I am amazingly lucky to still have in my life - my daughters, my house - maybe one day my self esteem, get my old body back (or lose 3/4 of the current one) and make it up to the people who I have affected through my drinking.

Again, thank you all - I cant wait to come back here later and say I will not be drinking tonight and tomorrow morning report on a clear headed day 4.

xxx