Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

I am a newbie to SR.. hope you can help me..
I have always had a drink on and off for a long time. 8 years ago i started drinking heavy. a bottle of wine every night, then 1 liter i ended up drinking 2 liters of wine a day.. I nearly lost my family and my health.. i stopped drinking.. then a few years ago i started again, these days im very depressed having family and work problems.
Thanks
Tempy
Old 11-01-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Hi Tempy, and welcome to SR. Keep posting and reading, these forums have gotten me through some tough times! Depression and drinking go hand in hand, and both are bound to cause some issues in other parts of your life. I hope you can find the support you need here!
Old 11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tempy

Welcome to SR

I really believe there's no hole so deep we can't get out of, if we're prepared to work hard enough at it.

Have you thought about seeing your doctor about both your depression and your drinking? that might be a good start.

Have you considered a recovery group like AA? That may also be a good option to try.

You'll also find a ton of support here

Look forward to seeing you around, Tempy
D
Old 11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Tempy

You'll find a lot of support here.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Tempy,

I'm new here too. My drinking has also caused a lot of problems at home. What started out as drinking 3 or 4 nights a week ended up as drinking every night with a bottle of vodka hidden under my bead and not remembering what had happened the night before. Luckily, everyone here has been very welcoming and even when I posted in the middle of the night I got some immediate responses. I suggest coming here any time you're struggling, even if you're just reading. It's really helped me a lot. Good luck with everything
Old 11-01-2010, 10:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Tempy - glad you're reaching out for support. It's not easy to think about getting sober and none of us can do it alone.

Alcohol made all my problems worse and created a lot more. The good news is that you can turn your life around and have the life you deserve. Keep reading and posting - we know what you're going through.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! I too had a problem with drinking, but with the help of AA, my counselor, and this site I now have almost 11 months sober. If I can do it, so can you.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Hi Tempy-we're here to listen and help.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Glad you're here, welcome! I felt pretty hopeless at one point too.. and what did I do, kept drinking, until I WAS pretty hopeless. This can be such a turning point for you, I'm glad you came here, this place is a great forum for support and understanding.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Tempy, welcome to SR you'll find many here who relate to your situation and you don't have to be alone. In the year or 2 I've been posting on SR I can't tell you how many times I've read anothers post and thought "wow I could have written that", and recognizing that others have gone through such similar things and/or thought the same has helped me immensely.