Notices

New and in Pain

Old 11-01-2010, 01:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome Emma...you've come to a great place for support, encouragement and understanding. So sorry for the loss of your dad. Jomey
Old 11-01-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Hi Emma,

That's a great first post, and you've explained yourself and your situations with honest words. I'm sorry for all your troubles, and sad for your Dad's suicide. How tragic suicide always always is, and I'm so sorry. You know, you'll find others here who have pains such as you've shared. Welcome to SR. Keep reaching out, and sharing as you can. Things can and will get better, many here have gotten through the very worst of times, and so can you. Thanks for sharing, Emma.

RR
Old 11-01-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello Emma, Welcome to SoberRecoveryForum. I'm glad you decided to come here. You won't be alone anymore. There are so many people like you and I who have been affected by alcohol in one way or another. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. That is traumatic and horrible. Did you ever think of talking to your doctor? There are alot of new medications for alcohol addiction. You could also try Alcoholics Anonymous. I have a friend who goes all of the time, and he hasn't had a drink in 30 years. The program works if you work it. Your so young, and you could very easily ruin your entire life if you keep drinking. Alcohol is Ethanol, which is poison to the brain. I too had al alcoholic for a mother, and my childhood was hell because of it. The good news is that you don't ever have to pick up a drink again. It's your choice. It's difficult when it's an addiction, but there are alot of resources out there to support you. You came to the right place. I hope you accomplish your goals. Keep coming back. :ghug3
Old 11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I just want to say thank you to everybody for responding. It feels good to know that there are others out there who are going through similar situations. All I can do is take it one day at a time. I have a lot on my plate right now so I know this will be difficult, but I hope that I can find the resources and support here to start over. I guess this is my rock bottom. Now I can only get better from here, right?
Old 11-01-2010, 04:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm so glad that you found us and that you see that you are not alone in this.

I know I felt so lost and alone when I was at my bottom, I had no idea how to continue my life. Be willing to make changes in your life, and know that you can do this.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Arrow Learning to Control the alcohol triggers

Hi Emma,

Welcome, these are some of the ways I have been controlling my drinking maybe they can help you.

1. Each morning I promise myself no matter what I will not drink today!!
2. When a trigger starts trying to make my mind think a drink would help I just think of the last time I drank and how sick I looked & felt.
3. Exercise, exercise and more exercise releases the same chemicals in your brain that alcohol does. It also helps releive stress.
4. I am better than alcohol and smarter, every morning I wake up sober and prooved that.

Stay sober for you, you are worth it!!!

Forgood
Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you're here, Emma - I'm so sorry you're feeling alone and that you're hurting so much. Getting sober is the best thing you can do for yourself and can be the start of a new life. We're here for support, so I hope you hang around and keep reading and posting!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I will live strong and sober today!

Good Morning Emma,
Thank you for your post to me last night. This is only my second day on this site and it gave me strength to realize that I can begin my day knowing that others will be fighting and winning their battle 2day as well. I have a good feeling that you will make it through today without drinking as I will!
After receiving your post, I read your story. I am so sorry about the loss of your father. Both of my parents were alcoholic and it caused them a lifetime of pain. My hope is that they are in a better place today.
I agree with you that keeping tabs on those of us on a fresh start will in some way energize our recovery process.
You have my word that I will not drink today...join me in this!
Carlos

SURVIVING MEANS BEING BORN OVER AND OVER!...erica jong