Notices

had 43 days..was feeling great. then threw it away.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

had 43 days..was feeling great. then threw it away.

hey guys,
some of you might have noticed ive been MIA lately. i was at 43 days and feeling strong, then i went to florida. first thing my friend says to me is are you still not drinking? because weve picked up 4 bottles of wine. i said im not drinking, then when we got there and they were having some and poured me a glass. everything inside me was saying dont do it, dont do it! ...but i drank it anyways. and have been drinking again since.

its scary how easy it is to slip back into your old habits. i have been drinking today to also.

so here i am, starting my day one again tomorrow. im so sick of this.

i know some people will be trying to tell me what i should have done, or that i shouldnt have put myself in that possition in the first place etc...trust me, its not something that i didnt know, but i ignored it.

just here looking for some support. i will prevail. round 2 for me.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Drunk in Recovery

Thanks for sharing your story. The reminder of how easy it is to slip back into old habits is so useful to me -- lest I fall prey to the amnesia of alcoholism. Good luck to you!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Vanilla

It was always hard for me to try and live my old life, but stay sober, because my old life was built so much on...not being sober.

Make some changes - you can do this

D
Old 10-31-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's scary for me to think about it.. I've slipped too and don't want to do it again. Don't get on yourself for it though.. get through it and begin again, a new day is tomorrow

I'm on day 6 and feeling good. Don't want to go through life "thinking" about drinking anymore. I want to be done with it. Good for you for coming back though, that's tough in itself.
You can do it again!!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Here's to round 2! I'm just glad you're here and wanting to get sober again. You can build on what you had during those 43 days - be good to yourself and thanks for the post.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
One moment at a time.

Welcome back!! Just know that it happens to the best of us! I've been in and out of the program a few times and that was all because I tried to do it all on my own will power which obviously didn't work for me lol.. Just keep coming back and do your part of the work and everything will fall in place.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks for all the responses everyone. i really appreciate this site and everyone on it. now that ive fallen down, its up to me to stand back up, and thats exactly what im going to do. <---this doesnt actually pertain to my post at all, but i really liked it when i saw it lol
Old 10-31-2010, 07:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back Vanilla
Old 10-31-2010, 09:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

vanilla-the best thing to do is NOT beat yourself up over it-we all fall-we wouldnt be human if we didn't-whats that saying "to err is human" we all fail in one way or another every day-it's how we deal with it-dont let it get to you and get back on your feet in the morning-i know from experience that you cant change history-you can only change tomorrow-blaming yourself etc is only going to make you feel worse and head for another glass-you're talking to the author of the self destruct book-i'm ashamed to say that about myself but i have to face up to it-i mulled my problems over and over and buried my head in a can-and now i'm in the smelly stuff big time-but tomorrow's another day-i will be stronger and will get my life back to what it was.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Vanilla

Those 43 days are still part of your recovery journey because you would have discovered a great deal about yourself during that time. Even the relapse has taught you what your boundaries are

Well done for not giving up on yourself.

Looking forward to reading about your journey.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks you ozgarden. you are right. i DID learn alot about myself those 43 days, even learnt things on this fall of mine. and i appreciate you for pointing that out. sometimes its easier to focus on the downs than on the good stuff.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
xuse

I totally feel your pain welcome back same boat
Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

remember we follow a path of progress, not perfection

WELCOME BACK