Notices

Day 5

Old 10-31-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

7 hours sleep last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could have slept longer but had stuff to do.

I think I have now turned a corner. The past few days have been horrible but feeling a hell of a lot better today. All the pain was worth it! Hives gone, dry heaving gone, shaking gone, sleep finally happend yum yum

This is a good day for me. BIG SMILE
Old 10-31-2010, 08:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so happy to hear you are sleeping and feeling better. It feels wonderful doesn't it? Keep posting, it helps. I know it helps me to read about others.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

You're on your way!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

I know it's only day 5 but it's a milestone for me. Does it feel good? Hell yes lol. I feel so good I have actually got my rebounder out and going to do some gentle exercise.

Yes I'm on my way. I'm sorting my life out. I'm even making an appointment for a liver function test with my doctor this week which is something I've felt I wanted to do for a while but was too scared. However, with the brain fog lifting I know I need to do this. Dreading it but whatever the results I will deal with it.

Things are changing for me for the better. I know it's VERY EARLY DAYS and a lot can happen but I feel so positive.

Thanks for the support
Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

It's great that you feel so good, so soon. I did, too and it really was enough to keep me moving on the path toward sobriety (even though I slipped a few times, I never went back to where I was).
Old 10-31-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I suppose a good majority of us will slip at some point but as long as we shrug it off, realise our mistake and quit again it isn't too bad.

I actually didn't realise how much better life is without a drink. I'm getting so much done - all those jobs I've put off in ages are finally getting done lol
Old 10-31-2010, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Hey Chan....congarts on 5 days. A lot of your post deal with: not sleeping, not sleeping, not sleeping....You ever thought that you may be setting yourself up for: not sleeping.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Chan, I've been "lurking" your posts over the past few days, hoping you would get to this point - I know all too well how very hard to get sobriety rolling (I needed to be "locked up" to get there). Reading your latest post made my day! Hats off to you, we're all here for you, there are challenges ahead, but you've gotten past the hardest part.

All the best,
Edd
Old 10-31-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No deecelt don't think I'm setting myself up whatsoever. The majority of people worry about not sleeping without a drink. People can't just turn off worrying

Eddiebuckle many thanks for your post. I know there are many challenges ahead but your right the horrible part of physical symptoms (I think) have passed. Now it's the mental stuff battling over whether it's ok to 'just have one' which I am sure will come.Will just deal with it when it happens. At the moment tho I feel great so not complaining
Old 10-31-2010, 11:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats chan your on your way..well done,
Old 10-31-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job!! Day 6 for me and I've been struggling with those "just one or two" thoughts all day today. So far I'm fine with putting them away but they remain in the back of my mind.. Today is harder for me than yesterday.

Keep up the good work!!
Old 10-31-2010, 12:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that eremc08. I'm sure i've got those to come! You've got to day 6 and done really well so can understand how difficult it must be to have those nasty thoughts.

You say 'today is harder for me than yesterday'. Tomorrow you will be saying 'i'm proud I didn't drink yesterday and today will be better than yesterday' I'm sure.

Well done on day 6 - nearly a week!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yay Chan! So glad to read that you are feeling so much better.

Come on!

SM
Old 10-31-2010, 03:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're feeling better Chan

I suppose a good majority of us will slip at some point but as long as we shrug it off, realise our mistake and quit again it isn't too bad.
Well...remember, relapse isn't mandatory LOL.

I've been sober now for nearly 4 years - I've faced fear, stress, money worries, relationship worries, death, serious health concerns...:chatter you get the picture.

You get out what you put in in this deal, I think Chan - if you put all you have into wanting to live sober, I reckon you will

D
Old 10-31-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 5!