Notices

Day 4

Old 10-29-2010, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Still no sleep (over 30 hours) but actually feeling better than yesterday!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oops HAHA! I posted on your Day 3..

Congrats on Day 4, I'm leaving my day 4 behind in another 40 minutes. Check in tomorrow! We're both doing great!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How dare you put me back to day 3 lol. I'll probably collapse on day 5 and sleep like a baby.

Enjoy your day 5 and, yes, well done us!
Old 10-29-2010, 09:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats ya'll two

Chan, it took me a long time to get a good night's sleep, but when it came I slept better than I had since I started drinking. No joke, some of the health benefits that come with quitting are absolutely spectacular.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you.

Some people have said it took a week, others a lot longer. Just something we all have to go through I suppose. Other than lack of sleep all other symptoms are quite mild now, thank goodness
Old 10-29-2010, 09:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I got so tired of the insomnia, too, but it will get a little better each day. One thing that I'm so glad someone here told me (I think it was Anna) is not to be surprised if you have a great day/night or two, and then another bad one, then another good one, etc.

Congrats on day 4! You're doing it - just take it as it comes each day and remember how good the mornings are!!
Old 10-30-2010, 05:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just have to go with the the flow I suppose.

I actually got 3 hours sleep last night so something is finally kicking in. Looking on the bright side of not sleeping - when I'm not too exhausted to just sit and rest, I get loads done lol.

Thanks for the congrats
Old 10-30-2010, 06:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Chan,

I'm glad you're doing well!
Old 10-30-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other ... one step..one day..one hour....minute at a time ..you are doing great!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I found for me that after two nights of little or no sleep that my body was kind of exhausted and kind of gave up looking for alcohol to sleep. I'm in day 6 (Woohoo) and I slept like a log the past two nights. Sounds like you are almost through the physical but in another day or so you need to consider the mental. I've read a number of your posts, but I'm not sure, have you considered a program of recovery, AA, Smart... Some people manage to quit and stay quit on thier own, and God bless 'em, but most find some sort of support and a program essential to staying sober. I'm going to AA because I know from experience it works for me. On this site there are wide varieity of people using a wide variety of programs to stay sober. Find what works for you. I'd suggest doing that sooner or later. I've heard people say "You got through the hard part, now the real work begins."
Old 10-30-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Someone mentioned this the other day but I don't want to go to AA (personal reasons and a rather long winded story) but I suppose I should start looking for something. That said, the support on here is great so maybe I will just stay here and if I find things more difficult seek out a recovery group then.

Just been out for the first time in days, saw one of my neighbours and she said 'God you look like **** what's up'. I told her I was getting over flu lol. I obviously didn't look as good as I thought I did even with make-up on lol.