Notices

The Bermuda Triangle

Old 10-28-2010, 09:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up The Bermuda Triangle

Well, I am at the brink of day 60, Tomorrow. Wow.

Also, I think when my hubby was in weight watchers they referred to Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas as the "Bermuda Triangle."

We are having a small Halloween get together tomorrow night with a few friends and their kids.

This will be the first Halloween in x *I don't even know* years that I will have a Halloween without a drink in hand. without many pre party "just to get in the mood." I don't have cravings as such, as I have triggers that something will happen and my mind goes "WINE." Almost like the dog in Up when he heard "Squirrel." sigh Good news no wine

Not sure if friends will bring booze tomorrow or not. Hubby doesn't drink, so that is not an issue, but I am determined to get through Halloween, and day 60.

Thanks so much for reading/responding and your own posts. I truly think that finding SR saved my life....

Hugs to all...
MM
Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

As they say, you go girl! You can do it - just stuff your mouth with some candy corn, haha. Seriously, though, I think it is a challenge to face those "firsts" - so just hang in there and think about how good it will feel when you wake up Saturday morning without a hangover, ready for a great weekend sober.

I went to a July 4th family party (drinking event) and found out that I didn't really enjoy just sitting around while everyone tied one on. But I got through it, and next year (if I go) I'll take something to do. One thing that could keep you entertained is taking video/photos of everyone. And at least the kids and your husband won't be drinking, so there ya go. Hugs.......
Old 10-28-2010, 10:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 60 maimai
have a great sober time!
D
Old 10-29-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can do this. You can get thru the party sober and remember everything without any regrets.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maimai congratulations on 60 days
Old 10-29-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 days!Be proud. I too relish the hangover free mornings after so very much that I'm not tempted to drink, and I've found I'm a much much better hostess or guest sober not drinking is very rewarding.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

keep going! You can do it!!!! Also Haloween Candy is much better than booze....
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 60 days sober!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 beautiful sober days!!! Looking forward to all the good sober holidays we both will be celebrating together. All sober firsts for me too
Old 10-30-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 days! I found holding a glass of your favorite non-alcoholic drink helped me.
You don't want to throw away all your hard work. You'll be so proud of yourself in the morning. If you feel the urge to drink....pick your child up and hold tight. He/She will remember a Happy Halloween with a sober Mom. What's better than that?

Have a wonderful sober party!