Notices

Day 3

Old 10-28-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Covered in hives (have taken medication), can't sleep, when in bed feels like someone keeps sticking pins in my legs and it makes me jump, full of anxiety and have started panicking.

However the good news is I'm now into the first hour of day 3! Big smile.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats Chan! That sounds like a pretty rough situation, but it'll pass with time. Are you seeing a doctor?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ouch! I was exactly there (minus the hives) just a couple of days ago and am feeling pretty much normal again now. Hang on! This too will pass.

SM
Old 10-28-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great news that you're on day 3! You can get through this day, just like yesterday. Sorry you're having anxiety.. it happens. I have anxiety even when drinking! LOL I'm heading towards the end of my day 3.. I wanted a drink SO bad about 3 hours ago and I was so close to getting one.. I honestly forget how I even got through the thoughts. I was on the computer.. that's the last thing I remember. I hope this fog lifts soon. I'm having anxiety thinking about the fact that I won't sleep well tonight again. I hope you get some rest.
I'm trying to keep busy with my last few hours by making snack baggies of pretzels and cut up polly-o for the kids..
Keep up the good work, we can do this!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No not seeing a doctor. It's getting easier hour by hour and I think everything feels worse as I'm soooooo tired. But I knew what to expect so I'm just working through it.

Only 22 and a half hours until Day 4 lol
Old 10-28-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks sobermax. I know it will pass it's just me being impatient.

eremc08 - well done for you also making it to Day 3 and brilliant news you didn't pick up that drink! I totally understand how your feeling but at end of the day you didn't pick up the demon drink which you must be so proud of.

Thanks for understanding and support guys. I'm going to go back to bed and try and sleep again, if it doesn't happen I may just hit myself on the head with a hammer and maybe that will help lol
Old 10-28-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chan View Post
Thanks sobermax. I know it will pass it's just me being impatient.

eremc08 - well done for you also making it to Day 3 and brilliant news you didn't pick up that drink! I totally understand how your feeling but at end of the day you didn't pick up the demon drink which you must be so proud of.

Thanks for understanding and support guys. I'm going to go back to bed and try and sleep again, if it doesn't happen I may just hit myself on the head with a hammer and maybe that will help lol
LOL have you tried warm tea or hot chocolate?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3 mate!

Hope you get through it! Stay strong man!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Chan! I read your first post and I'm very happy to see a "day 3 post" from you.

Keep going and keep posting. You never have to drink again. How cool is that?

Once you get through this, you may want to lock on to a recovery program. I use AA and have had GREAT results. Let us know how we can help.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

eremc08 I've drunk so much without it being alcohol lately. Relaxing herbal teas, horlicks etc. I will be fit soon from all this running to the loo lol

Thank you biggestscrewup, I'm really pleased. Only another few days until the edge is takin off the withdrawal hopefully.

kjell - many thanks. I'm definitely going to keep posting. It's a relief just getting it out there but it's far better reading everyone elses posts and knowing your not alone.

Think as I get over the worst of it I will look into a recovery program but I don't want AA (long story - nothing against AA whatsoever).
Old 10-29-2010, 07:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm starting to get fed up with this, I'm NOT going to have a drink and to be honest have hardly even thought about a drink.

I'm feeling crap through lack of sleep - didn't get ANY sleep last night and me and sleep deprivation don't go together.

On the PLUS side the dry heaving has stopped - My hives are being kind and giving me a few hours off before they return - whilst still anxious it's not as bad as it has been AND MOST IMPORTANTLY I'm on day 4 tomorrow yippppeeee
Old 10-29-2010, 08:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My withdrawals were awful and it took a bit of time to start feeling better. I did notice each day an improvement.

I do urge you to check in with the Dr. if you are concerned. No shame in that as I have done so quite a few times.

I remember being able to actually eat a full meal or leave my house (still shaking a bit from anxiety) and those were massive accomplishments.

A few days later I started my recovery journey which was has been tremendous.

Looking forward to your posts Chan and know we are here to support.

Way to go!!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm exactly the same as you, it's getting better each day it's just the lack of sleep that is making me feel like crap. I'm an awful sleeper at the best of times hence why the drinking started and then, unfortunately, continued. I'm sure it will pass soon enough everything else is starting to. One day at a time.

I'm just having moan once I sleep I'll be back to my normal self. I'm actually going to try and have another sleep now. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for listening
Old 10-29-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I hope you are sleeping right now:-)
Old 10-29-2010, 09:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I didn't get to sleep until 2:30am.. had to wake up a couple times from my 2 yr old getting out of bed.. (thirsty for some reason) so I got up at 6:30am and now I'm like a real life zombie. I don't really feel like I'm here... Day 4 half way thru.

When I came upstairs to get dressed, I immediately thought of getting a drink. That's normally what I would do when I put jeans on because I stay home I just wear sweats or yoga pants during the day and if I'm going out I put on jeans. Well, I was going to put on jeans today. But now I'm thinking, eh if I get one drink I know this weird fog I'm in will just get worse and I'll feel even crappier than I do right now. (head wise)
Plus one drink won't be just one. It would be a quick sneak right back to the closet to get a refill. Then after that it's like oh well now you did it, may as well go all out. Thus making tomorrow Day 1 again. :-( can't do it!!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have been awake for over 30 hours now but feel better now as I keep doing silly things as I'm so tired. Looked everywhere for tv remote, gave up and found it in the fridge. I'm turning into my Gran lol

Getting up to a 2 yr old when you're sleeping so little anyway must be awful. Hopefully things will kick in shortly for both of us and anyone out there with the same problem.

I'm like you, think most of us are, you get the thought 'just one' and before you know it you've drunk the lot and wake up worse the next day as then you have withdrawal again, all the guilt and feeling of failure and, as you say, back to day 1! No, no, no
Old 10-29-2010, 08:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I had to take a nyquil for my cough.. didn't want to because I didn't want to have to take something but I do need it. I have been watching scary movies all night and now I can't turn the tv off LOL.. So I figure the tablets will kick in soon and I will fall sound asleep (hopefully sans my cough too)

Congrats on staying sober even with lack of sleep!! I'm almost at day 5 and count on staying sober the whole Halloween weekend! .. Watching "Halloween" movies is much more fun when you're sober anyway, even if I cover my eyes haha!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Rather you than me with scary movies, I'd be wake even longer lol

Nearly day 5, brilliant. Well done.

Enjoy Halloween!