Notices

A shy hello...

Old 10-28-2010, 03:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can identify with self loathing, despair, self sabotage..the panic under the ribs, Whimsiclette.

The folks here were, and are, still extraordinarily good at keeping me honest, sane and grounded - I really thank whatever it was that helped me stumble across this place

With this support, somehow, by putting down the booze...and forcing myself to look, really look at myself (something I'd not done for maybe 15-20 years)...I found a lot about myself I actually liked...and those bits I didn't, well, I'm still working on

I hope SR can be as good for you as it has been for me.

D
Old 10-28-2010, 04:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Whimsiclette.....I've been where you are now. Cocaine was my doc...let me tell you, it's been about 12 days for me..and I feel better than I ever have when i was using. I feel my positivity has returned. I feel my hope has returned. You just need to let it go, it doesn't want to make you happy this drug, it wants to take everything you are and destroy you. Life is gonna be life, why make it harder than it needs to be? Cause using is hard....the constant cycle of picking up using, then crashing...over and over, wondering as your heart beats faster and faster if this is the line that will kill you. You can be free of it but you have to want to. You WILL get cravings but you can ignore them. I feel so healthy these days, physically and mentally. You can do it. This place has helped me a lot. Stick around
Old 10-28-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Enjoy your bubble bath...treating yourself well is always a good step.

What type of writing do you do...fiction or non? As an artist I always had a hard time with when it was time to stop....argued about it constantly in school...sometimes things are stronger in their less finished stage.

Hope that makes sense:-)