Notices

Day 4

Old 10-27-2010, 04:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Hello everyone,

I don't have much to say except here's day 4 again, and that posting and reading here helps so much.

Not feeling too hot, but no intention of drinking today and things at least seem possible.

I worried some people with my panicking withdrawals on Sunday - so sorry, but I really thought I was about to buy it and the thought of killing myself at 36 with alcohol after everything that has happened over the last years was (is) unbearable. Clearly still alive. Have organised meditation classes (rather than trying to do this myself from the internet / audiobooks) and today am finding an addiction counsellor - we are surprisingly well served here. Must be lots of boozers in Lpool, as it is a very small city!

The scary truth is that as much as I would like to be able to simply carry on with 'a lesson learned', 14 years of attempting this resulted in a narrow escape from burning my flat down and killing my loved ones. I will have to work daily to keep my ego in check and sobriety in focus. Have to change.

Was reading in the paper about a columnist who is tetraplegic after a horse-riding accident. She is locked inside her own body forever and still manages to live a meaningful life. All I have to do is not drink alcohol. Poor, poor me!!!!!!!

Cigarette countdown minus 4 days!

Thanks again to all who post and read here.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobermax View Post
Hello everyone,

I don't have much to say except here's day 4 again, and that posting and reading here helps so much.

Not feeling too hot, but no intention of drinking today and things at least seem possible.

I worried some people with my panicking withdrawals on Sunday - so sorry, but I really thought I was about to buy it and the thought of killing myself at 36 with alcohol after everything that has happened over the last years was (is) unbearable. Clearly still alive. Have organised meditation classes (rather than trying to do this myself from the internet / audiobooks) and today am finding an addiction counsellor - we are surprisingly well served here. Must be lots of boozers in Lpool, as it is a very small city!

The scary truth is that as much as I would like to be able to simply carry on with 'a lesson learned', 14 years of attempting this resulted in a narrow escape from burning my flat down and killing my loved ones. I will have to work daily to keep my ego in check and sobriety in focus. Have to change.

Was reading in the paper about a columnist who is tetraplegic after a horse-riding accident. She is locked inside her own body forever and still manages to live a meaningful life. All I have to do is not drink alcohol. Poor, poor me!!!!!!!

Cigarette countdown minus 4 days!

Thanks again to all who post and read here.
Yea there are a helluva lot worse problems than not being able to drink. For the first time in my life I wonder what I ever saw in it.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're on your way to a better brighter future!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Things will start getting better soon.... thanks for the post. Keeps things in perspective doesn't it (the columnist who is a tetraplegic). All we have to do is not drink. Good thought for the day.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Every day w/o alcohol is a better day and you can make each day matter, if recovery was easy we wouldn't have sites like SR or 12 step groups etc so keep up the fight you can win.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done! I am on day 6 and am very proud of both of us!
Jeeze, we deserve a bit of peace. I try to do the meditation thing but am like a hen with an egg!
Do get the whole panic thing but I am kind of used to it and know it is in my head. I am very selfish though and think if I were to get in line behind those worse off than me, I would never get to the front so I started my own line.
"People with one funny right 2nd toe who have a deaf left ear who have an awful habit of drinking too much line"
Old 10-27-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Best of luck, this time round sobermax..its tough goin at times, i guess like everything in life you get out of it what you put into it...max effort= progress, tellin myself this, nearly 3 weeks in, weekdays no problems, rarely a craving, weekends all mental mayhem for a short time can ensue...and triggers seem at there worst...for me busy busy busy..helps greatly, winter throws up a whole new challenge..lack of light crap weather, cabin fever sets in, challenging to say the least, still best shot...though not in a glass required..Luck.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awesome job You're on your way, definitely.