Notices

First Meeting

Old 10-24-2010, 08:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Meeting

RSo I went to my first NA meeting tonight and it wasn't so bad. They seem like great people. I know this will help me in my recovery. I had a little relapse again but I'm not stressing bout it. I stopped after one time so I'm gonna pretend it didn't happen. I don't want to start at one again. Is that bad or should I start again?
Old 10-24-2010, 09:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dismember

Start at one... you mean step one?

If I've slipped or relapsed I always go back to one, long enough to know where I didn't follow through. After that, I go back to where I was.

Glad you found a good meeting.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Anytime I relapsed, even if just for one day or one minute, I started over at day one. I only count continuous sobriety so any slip means starting my sober time again... but that's me, I can only control what I do. Your time is up to you.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Originally Posted by divineangel1012 View Post
I had a little relapse again but I'm not stressing bout it. I stopped after one time so I'm gonna pretend it didn't happen.
My question to you....What exactly do you consider to be a "little relapse"? Also, honesty is key--yes, with others--but mostly for yourself. If you can't be honest with you first about your disease how can you be honest with others? Denial about ourselves will keep us sick. We are only as sick as our secrets. Glad you went to a meeting. There is hope. We do recover.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Glad you went to a meeting, and glad you had a good experience! AA has helped me a great deal. I'm lucky in that I live in a metropolitan area with literally over a thousand meetings a week to choose from. There are some really great people there that want nothing more than to help us. Aren't we lucky to have that awesome resource, and for free!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree Especially if you are trying to make new friends since all your old friends party too hard