Notices

Help

Old 10-25-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Pick up the phone and talk to someone
Old 10-26-2010, 01:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

OK guys an gals. I'm onto DAY 30! It's gonna take me a lot to get through this one. Feeling a little better but still... not too great.

Any wise words from you lot?

Love!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 30! That's fantastic! Do something to celebrate you and your success. It was hard to get here and you deserve recognition for that. Congratulations~!!

Nellie
Old 10-26-2010, 02:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Glad to see you posting BSU.

Keep it going as it does get better.

I too found that I have the occasional down day if you will but they pass. I had more in the beginning but even at 6 months I had this one week where I just felt lousy. Not urge to drink but feeling negative. I muddled through and kept with my support and focused on the positives in my life. I got over that hump and again....made me a bit more stronger.

Sobriety has the typical ups/downs but we need to rely on our sober selves and our tools in recovery to handle things.

Like Carol said....alcohol is a depressant so we know that is no longer an option. Give yourself the time to have a sad or down day. Its ok as these are feelings and we are entitled to them especially since we are free and able to live again.

Proud of you! Stay the course We are here to support!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 30 BSU.

I have no more suggestions for anythign more to do than those I've already given, mate - read up about PAWs and look at the suggestions in that link...and do think some more about checking out a recovery group, or maybe some counselling - support can really help that whiteknuckling feeling...
Old 10-26-2010, 03:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'd suggest going to an AA meeting and picking up your 30 day chip!!!!!! WOW! What an accomplishment!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

BSU
I am proud you are sober, you have shared your feelings instead drinking for the last thirty days. It gets better, just ask someone who is still sober.
SH
Old 10-26-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks for this thread BSU - I should have asked the same question coming up to 30 days myself.

Good to see you got through it though. On with the recovery...
Old 10-26-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you for all of your kind words guys. This has all really made me feel much better! Day 31 today. PUSHING THROUGH!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

You're doing great!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Biggest, hang tough man, I just had a tough day at work, boss jumped the gun on something without hearing my side and lit me up, then it got better but had a ton of weork to do, I sat at my desk an hour ago thinking I dont have to go in to the office tommorro so I can drink tonight, dang were did that come from? I drove home and just ate like a pig for dinner, fried chicken and a ton of wheat thins, I am so full that I have no desire to drink. Being not hungry helps me alot because I always drank on an empty stomach and when I am full I dont want drink? Strange but works for me. If I put on a few lbs. big deal, I stayed sober.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Wonderful to hear you're hanging tough on this one. Just keep trying to divert your mind with anything except booze. Like TV, talking to friends, going to meetings, exercise, eating some good stuff. Anything you think you'd like except booze. And try to really sit down hard on as many negative thoughts as you can. Try to think positive. Think of those 30 days you've now accomplished. Medals on your chest. Get as many more medals as you can so your chest is bullet proof- against booze! Good luck and congratulations.

W.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BiggestScrewUp View Post
Thank you for all of your kind words guys. This has all really made me feel much better! Day 31 today. PUSHING THROUGH!
I'm so very proud of you!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Again, thank you all for the messages of support!

Day 32 in a few hours!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BiggestScrewUp View Post
Hi guys. Been doing really really well until tonight. Finding it very hard tonight because I'm feeling so depressed. Not for any particular reason. Just things that don't normally drag me down at all are really bugging me and making me feel awful. I feel guilty and shameful and downright terrible in general.

It's using ALL my self control not to go to the offie and glug a bottle of something powerful. It's been 28 days since my last drink.

Help guys. I feel really horrible and worthless today. Need a hand!
Hang in these feelings will pass.........what your going through is normal.
I've been through it as well, what I learned to do is find something to do, like a hobby or something to keep busy... idol hands are the devil's work shop. Meetings helped as well...lots of meetings.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 32 in a few hours!
WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!