Notices

At least I have my sobriety

Old 10-21-2010, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

At least I have my sobriety

I had "one of those mornings" today, like we all do. The kind where it's almost funny how all things animate and inanimate seem to be fighting you in every way possible. Before I even got to work I had my sunroof open and a pesky bird flew over that turned out to be quite the marksman if you get my drift. So after I got my dashboard cleaned I finished some research here in the office that confirmed something I had suspected...an employee and borderline personal friend of seven years has been stealing from me. We all know how it feels to be cheated. Anger, confusion, hurt etc...But I was able to handle it all so much better with a sober frame of mind. When I was drinking I would have turned my desk over, yelled every obscenity I know and went straight to the store for a 12 pack and been lit by now. My little problems this am are far from serious or crises, my point is not to whine, my point is it's nice to have sobriety as part of my life, like a dear friend to help me with things. At least I have my sobriety and that can't be taken away from me. Ever feel that way? Ok, I'm done!
Old 10-21-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry about the rotten start to your day...I hope it turns around. And you are so right, no matter what crap happens at least you aren't drinking over it:-)
Old 10-21-2010, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yes, many times! Sounds like your morning was a tough one, but at least you got through it sober!! I got through mine sober as well, but finding a hard time getting through the afternoon.. Boredom set in a couple times, then stress, and looking at my bank account.. oh man. What I wouldn't do.

You did a great job and you should be proud! Take care!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My sobriety is the most important thing I have cause from it comes all the good stuff.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

As the saying goes "It's always something.....!" And it seems that some days there are lots of "somethings." I stress about a lot of things, but at least today they are legitimate, not the anxiety that comes with a morning hangover where you wake up wondering how you're going to manage to do anything at all that day.

I'm glad to be sober today, too. Thanks for the great post!