Notices

Going to try again

Old 10-16-2010, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to try again

Hi everyone,

It's been a few months since I've checked in and thats, unfortunately because I've started back up again with the alcohol.

A few months back I made 11days sober and I think I did 14 or so after that but have found myself back down that old road again. I'm not sure what it was, but I woke up today knowing I had to quit for good. The habbit is 15beers after work everyday, sometimes more, always get myself to the point of passing out. I spend the next day at work getting myself feeling better enough just to do it all over again when I get home.

I've taken a few days off work in hopes to get my recovery off to a good start. Just went out and about a ton of good healthy food, something I havent had in a long time.

This time around I'm going to check out some AA meetings, something that I didnt do at my first poor attempt at getting sober.

Anyhow I just wanted to check in, this site was a huge help last time and I'll make sure I keep coming back this time.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting here and best of luck to you. You will find lots of support here on SR and in AA. I've found both to be crucial in my recovery and my sanity. If you've never tried AA before, you're in for a nice surprise...it's a wonderfully supportive, friendly, and fun place to be. Keep us posted here on your progress.

Welcome back. ;-)

Stephanie
Old 10-16-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! If you put all your effort into staying sober the rewards will be so worth it.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back gcc, I’m glad you came back and post, some people never make it back . You know when I first came to this site I read a lot of posts here and a lot of them had the word CHANGE in them, for me the only way I have found to stop the craziness’ is to change. Change is essential, change in people, places and things and change in mind and outlook on life.

For me it started with program of recovery, detox/inpatient/AA/SR , and so far it’s been working for me, I’m coming up on 20 months sober and I was a 30+ years drinker, but what I’m trying to said is IMO you have to have a program of recovery like AA and hope you will give it a try and what ever it is put all your Heart and Soul and Energy into it. Make that choice and then take action gcc. You can do this.

Best wishes, and I hope you find your path in sobriety
Old 10-17-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back to SR and sobriety......

Many of us had false starts before we finally quit
Glad to know you are moving forward again...
Old 10-17-2010, 07:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back gcc - I hope what you do this time can be the difference for you

D.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back GCC!

I found I stopped coming to SR as well and started drinking. I picked up from that....came back and began recovery.

Learn from that and move forward.

Looking forward to the journey!