Notices

Relapse

Old 10-16-2010, 01:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse

HELP!!!!!!! My drug of choice is opiates. I am relapsing once a week, nothing heavy something usually comes up and I end up relapsing. I went to treatment for 45 days and since I got out I can't seem to go more than a week without me being able to say NO!!!!! I have to stop this cycle. I have a beautiful wife and 2 great kids and I'm hurting everyone around me. I have to learn to say NO. Please help!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bmv, glad you are here and know that you have our support.

I agree that the cycle needs to stop or else it will continue. I found getting face to face support along with SR to be successful for me. We have to make positive change to live this new clean/sober life.

For me, I am a better person and have a better life in sobriety. You can do this.

Looking forward to the journey.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

I think in order for it to be a relapse, you have to be sober in the first place. Sounds like you're struggling with that part.

Since you've gotten out of treatment, have you followed up with any type of recovery program? Alcohol is my drug of choice, but I've heard great things about NA. Face-to-face time helps me a lot in my recovery, as does checking in here on a regular basis.

Best of luck to you, and welcome. There are lots of great people here with tons of experience and support to share with you. Hang around for a while; I think you'll be glad you did. You may also want to check out the Substance Abuse forum:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information