Notices

Monster Within

Old 10-10-2010, 05:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome Chickie, you sound just like me..too a tee.

I've been struggling too..11 days here with a 4 sip slip up day before yesterday but I knew what I needed to do..

You have come to the right place..some amazing, supportive people here, they have been wonderful to me..

Just hang in there and get through today..I wish I had more words of wisdom but there is a lot of it in the his thread and in posts..if you ever need an ear, let me know..i'm alway here!
Old 10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Today is the day I take my first big step. While I am nervous about attending my first meeting, I know that it will be fine once I'm actually there.

Yesterday was my rock bottom and it can only get better from there. I don't ever want my behavior to hurt another person. Especially, the man that I had planned to spend the rest of my life with. The thought of a drink right now disgusts me. I just need to keep focused on what's important in my life and slowly, I hope to be able to overcome my addiction.

The support I've received is amazing. Thank you all!
Old 10-10-2010, 12:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Be sure to post back and tell us what you thought of the meeting!

Just remember, every meeting is a little bit different and has its own "flavor". If the first one you go to doesn't grab you, try another.

If you can do it, try to raise your hand to let people know that you are new. It's the quickest way to make friends and start making some personal connections.

Good luck!!
Old 10-10-2010, 12:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks Lexie, I appreciate the advise.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I just got back from my first AA meeting. It was a speaker meeting. Amazing! I met a wonderful group of people who welcomed me into their fold. I was able to introduce myself as a new member and received my silver coin and BB. I did not share in the meeting, but privately, I had conversation and was able to get phone numbers of two people who I feel a connection with.

I plan to attend a woman's meeting on Wednesday night. I hope to find the courage to tell my story at some point soon. It felt very good to hear people speak open and honestly about their battle. Some of the words spoken gave me much to think about. Perhaps, when I'm ready to tell my story, I can return the favor.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

This can be the beginning of a fantastic lifestyle for you
AA has defintely made me a better person.....

I'm thrilled for you....
You did great!