SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Its 7:55 on a Saturday morning, and I'm up??? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/210872-its-7-55-saturday-morning-im-up.html)

racinstalldev 10-09-2010 05:08 AM

Its 7:55 on a Saturday morning, and I'm up???

I haven't been up this early on a Saturday in a long time.

Its amazing what happens when I don't drink on a Friday night!!!

6 days sober... can't believe it's gonna turn into a week at midnight tonight!

Last night wasn't easy, not by a long shot, but I made it through. Ended up going to bed early upon my wife's advice... which is the best thing I could have done.

Bob

flutter 10-09-2010 05:10 AM

Good morning! I beat you by a couple of hours, been up since about 5:30.. but that's because my 10 month old decided it's time to party :) You're right, it feels great to be up early, clear headed and ready to take on the day. I'm glad you're enjoying your sobriety, I sure wouldn't change it for the world! Have a wonderful day!

caribbean 10-09-2010 05:15 AM

Way to go, Bob!

least 10-09-2010 05:16 AM

I love waking up clear headed and not sick.:) Congrats on your sober awakening.

Wholesome 10-09-2010 05:19 AM

Good morning! I've been up since 7 and I feel great. I slept like a rock and I'm excited about today. Though I'm nervous about tomorrow, I'm going to a friends cottage and she doesn't know about my new sobriety. I have a plan to just say I'm on antibotics so I don't have to go into the whole recovery thing, but I'm scared that being around other drinkers will be too much for me.

Fandy 10-09-2010 05:20 AM

I opened my eyes at 6:05AM...first thought was "I slept in"....LOL....the cats bowl of dry was empty, something they do not tolerate.

i took the dog for a mile walk and am back inside by 815AM...it is amazing what can be accomplished on a Saturday morning when you are sober! i get a whole lot more of living in these days...because I am not laying around with a headache or sick to my stomach....i've got clean clothes, a high protein breakfast, and chores completed.

Good Morning indeed.

Wholesome 10-09-2010 05:23 AM

Congrats on 6 days!

Bobby 10-09-2010 05:30 AM

ahhhhh nothing like a good Saturday morning . gotta love it :-) but there was a time when i would have been still rolled up like a ball under the blankets yelling at everybody : leave me alone , leave me alone i;m sick . lol but not today , now i'm a morning person and loving it ;-)

Clearhead 10-09-2010 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by racinstalldev (Post 2732702)
I haven't been up this early on a Saturday in a long time.

Its amazing what happens when I don't drink on a Friday night!!!

Last night wasn't easy, not by a long shot, but I made it through. Ended up going to bed early upon my wife's advice... which is the best thing I could have done.

Bob

Waking early and sober was the biggest gift in early sobriety, and still is! I still have those rough nights where a drink would sound good, but I think about how good it feels to wake up early and SOBER!

tjp613 10-09-2010 05:55 AM

Ain't it GRAND???

The birds are deafening outside this morning and it's a beautiful sound! Glad I'm awake to hear it :D

racinstalldev 10-09-2010 06:11 AM

It is so very nice to have an entire day ahead of me... and the weather today in Cleveland Ohio is going to be absolultely gorgeous.

I also hit a bit of a milestone last night... I started a fire outside, and for the first time ever, did not bring a cooler full of beer to the fire.

I had no desire to drink, although as the night wore on, I did start to feel a bit depressed and irritable, which is when I called it quits and ended up in bed before midnight. Speaking of, when is the last time I was in bed that early on a Friday night???

Tonight is my next test, if you will... we are going to dinner with another couple. The interesting twist is that the husband has lost his last two jobs (the last one just yesterday), and the wife suspects its due to his drinking. He had this last job for only two weeks, and was out of town with his boss and clients, and his wife talked to him while he was there and he was smashed. The previous job he had a few incidents with coworkers and clients, in one instance getting a black eye and detained by the police.

So I don't think he'll be drinking tonight either! I can hear his wife once they get home tonight... "See... Bob quit drinking!!!"

I know many of you have advised me to skip this night out, but I feel confident that I can make it through without drinking. His wife already knows my situation.

tjp613 10-09-2010 06:43 AM

Bob you'll be a wonderful inspiration for your friend! Maybe you can help each other in recovery. Hopefully he's beginning to make that connection that getting drunk = crap.

gettingsobernow 10-09-2010 06:56 AM

Since I've stopped using I'm up anytime between 5-6 in the morning. I used to spend days in bed before recovery. I was always "sick". It's nice to hear nothing but the sound of my typing. Nice to not feel like crap.

tjp613 10-09-2010 07:09 AM

GettingSoberNow -- this is OT but I have one thing to say about your avatar: Mmmmmmmmm-mmmmmmm!!!!!

fighttowin 10-09-2010 07:13 AM

I would agree waking up on sat or any other day is great now and it is amazing how long a day is. I use to think my days are so short, but when u start drinking by 5 and stop at 10. Then race to bed so u r not tired the next day. WHAT was I thinking 5 hours of drinking a day= almost a fulltime job (That is a lot of waste life). Now I can stay up till 11 and when I wake in the morning still feel good. living life sober is so great!!!

Juneof44 10-09-2010 08:06 AM

GO MOW THE LAWN, RACE! Haha - I find on the weekends the monster rears its head under the guise of boredom. Stay busy! I'm pullin for ya!

ozgoddess 10-09-2010 08:50 PM

Good for you Bob!! Keep it up buddy :):You_Rock_